cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.16 Rift Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Features:
    • Mixed reality capture: We've begun adding support for developers who want to create videos and content that merges live footage of people using Rift and Touch with VR footage from their apps. It may be a little while before you see the end results, since mixed reality requires developers to take several steps including updating their apps and setting up an extra Touch controller as a trackable VR Object before recording the footage, but we're excited about the future.
    • Oculus apps and software updates: We redesigned the interface and the technical process for updates to give you more information and control over each update. You'll have access to release notes to find out what's new in each update, and the interface is now clearer and easier to use.
    • Issue reporting: You can now report an issue directly from within the Oculus software, to help us make future improvements. Note that you should still contact Oculus Support directly if you're having an ongoing issue.
    • Environments: Environments change the look of Oculus Home. The next time you enter Oculus Home after updating the Oculus software, you'll see the new Cityscape environment. If you wish, you can switch back to the Classic Oculus Home, and we'll be adding more environments later.
    • Friends: If your friends choose to let you know, you'll now see whether your Oculus friends and Facebook friends are using Rift or Gear VR.
    • Language support: You'll now be able to choose one of four supported languages when initially setting up Rift and Touch.
    • Oculus Store: We've started supporting 360º-only content. We'll tell which games are 360º-only, and even alert you if you're about to purchase this content and we don't recognize your setup to have 360º tracking configured. Also added full-screen screenshots for apps.
  • Bug fixes:
    • Oculus software on your computer: Fixed an issue with window scaling.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
132 REPLIES 132

kzintzi
Trustee
nice - can't wait
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

CrashFu
Consultant
Ooh, will the promotional Star Trek environment be selectable any time we wish?  Or the holiday-specific ones?
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

kzintzi
Trustee
I cheated and signed onto the test channel. looks awesome.. I found a few easter eggs, but I won't ruin it :smiley:

Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking forward to some of the new Home environments!

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
Sounds like a really nice update!

"You'll have access to release notes to find out what's new in each update..." - Excellent! :smiley:

VRoaaar
Protege
When will the "analog TV snow" problem be solved in Dirt Rally?

vannagirl
Consultant
This sounds great another step in the right direction
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

cybereality
Grand Champion

When is this update going to go live?

As always, it is a staged roll out, so people will be getting the update automatically over the next couple days. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

nangu
Expert Protege
Thanks!! Looking forward to more customization and content on Home.

One question though, Will be possible in the future to use the dev tool on a non admin account? Or better, Do you have any plan to include a pixel density / ASW option in Home?

Thanks!!