cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus rift black out left eye

ALAKAZISM
Sightseer
I got my oculus rift for 4 months, it works well until 3 days ago, the left eye started to be completely black. My rift serial number is WMHD3035400J67. Please help!
9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket. Thanks.
https://tickets.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BlindElf
Honored Guest
I'VE JUST RECEIVED MY RIFT AND THE LEFT EYE DISPLAY WENT BLACK AFTER JUST 2 HRS. OF USE. WHAT'S UP WITH THESE UNITS!!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Well there is thousands of us with good units mate, calm down, deep breaths and contact support.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

shim2
Adventurer
To be fair Techy111, I've had two broken rifts within 14 months. First one the port inside the headset failed. My current Rift, the part that connects the rift to the right strap failed. Plastic started to crack. I've had constant issues with these things. It's really sad. I've submitted a ticket, but as per usual it's taking an eternity to get a response. It's almost like they don't care at all. I'll be shocked if my current Rift gets replaced. Just have a feeling they will tell me to piss off.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I understand mate, but shouting like that chap will get you nowhere. The rift is the same as a lot of tech. Before Xmas I bought a 49in 4K tv and we now in June and I'm on my 3rd one. And yes, it's Samsung LOL If it's genuine mate, they'll get there and replace it 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

shim2
Adventurer
Did it take you two weeks to get a replacement authorized, Techy111? You're right, tech fails a LOT. Given that, you'd think Oculus would have stepped up their support game by now. It has consistently been the worst part of this company since day 1.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
! month for the 1st TV, 3 weeks for the 2nd and 1 week for the third LOL

shim2
Adventurer
God that's depressing. Companies and their lack of care for "customers" after they get your money is just sad.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
But and a big but........I got a TV and I am sure they will eventually sort you out.......gotta have faith 🙂