cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm overwhelmed by content. Are you? Or not.

inovator
Consultant
Wow vr has come a long way. Between what I already owned, and after setting up doom 3 vr, and my vive subscription, and free games and experiences, and the summer sale, I have tons to do and won't run out. I play around 4 to 5 days a week for 3 to 4 hous each time. How's it going content wise, with you other members? 
52 REPLIES 52

Tattoo_Dude
Expert Protege
I've been overwhelmed with games for so long I can't even remember. I pick up games in the steam sales thinking I still have time like I did when I was a bachelor and did nothing but sit around with a few beers and play games. Now (and thankfully) I have so many other things that I want and need to do but I still can't resist a good game sale. I picked up 8 new games here on the Oculus store and another couple in Steam that were on sale. Now with the Steam summer sale coming up, I can see the pile growing further still! And I still have not touched Vorpx which I have over 50 games (over half of which I never played) that I can swap over and play in VR as well. But, you know, it is a good kind of overwhelmed....like drowning in a see of cute, cuddly puppies!  🙂

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
I've heard about this stockpiling of games that never get played. Personally it would never happen to me, I'm far too mean with my money to buy something and not take advantage of it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I've spent around 400 quid in the Oculus Store alone. Bloody hell lol

And I don't even want to BEGIN to think about Steam lmfao

I'm a sucker for Sales and bargain prices  😮

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

snowdog said:

Quite the opposite for me. There is SO much shovelware. I can count the number of quality titles on both hands, easily.

Perhaps on Steam, but the content in the Oculus Store is MUCH better. It isn't 100% great titles by any means but if you compare the content available on Steam with the content on the Oculus Store it's about as night and day as you can get in terms of quality of content. It was a BIG reason why Vive owners were having kittens about the Vive not being compatible with Oculus Home before Revive appeared.

Meh...I meant Steam and Oculus store combined.

cybernettr
Superstar
 I agree, tons of stuff out there. I've been playing Obduction, and it's amazing how time-consuming that one game is, both playing and watching videos trying to figure it out! 

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
I'm personally surprised, both by the number of quality games, and the diversity of content. Especially after seeing the games availalble right at the beginning, and finding more and more great games, and upcoming games. At the moment I'd say that content wise the future is looking very bright, now I just want to see the playerbase steadily increase since I mostly play mp games.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
shooty, shooty, stabby, killy .

Awesome. Makes digital murder sound cute a n d cuddly.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

inovator
Consultant
To answer storms question with the vive subscription that's 7 dollars a month the 1st month free I chose for my 5 items the blue, knockout league, fantastic contraption, mars odessy  and perfect. I tried all but perfect so far and they played fine on the rift. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

shooty, shooty, stabby, killy .

Awesome. Makes digital murder sound cute a n d cuddly.

I was actually contemplating developing a Serial Killer Simulator game lol

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

inovator said:

To answer storms question with the vive subscription that's 7 dollars a month the 1st month free I chose for my 5 items the blue, knockout league, fantastic contraption, mars odessy  and perfect. I tried all but perfect so far and they played fine on the rift. 

It's actually a pretty good deal, there are plenty of games that I'm interested in that I'm not going to keep playing for long, or experiences I want to try. It wouldn't be long before I'd struggle to find my moneys worth on there,  but until that it's a great deal. I'm pretty tempted to get it at the moment.