cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm overwhelmed by content. Are you? Or not.

inovator
Consultant
Wow vr has come a long way. Between what I already owned, and after setting up doom 3 vr, and my vive subscription, and free games and experiences, and the summer sale, I have tons to do and won't run out. I play around 4 to 5 days a week for 3 to 4 hous each time. How's it going content wise, with you other members? 
52 REPLIES 52

Tattoo_Dude
Expert Protege

snowdog said:

Woo hoo! Robinson The Journey is half price for 24 hours. Just the one I was waiting for! Bought!!!  B)

Damn it! I was trying not to buy anything else!

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

MervinRae said:

The thing is just, if you substract the driving& flight-games (need wheel/hotas, are "intense") it is not that much that really remains. Robinsons Journay with gamepad seems meh, Alice VR seems to have motion sickness problems, Edge of Nowhere seems cool at the first glance but on the second it feels a bit mediocre - same/similar goes for a bunch of the other higher AA games. What remains are two handfull of good games where you still have to think about the value and the cost.

There are good games out in the meantime. For sure enough to entertain someone new for some time. But it is not "overhelming", not even "that" good, more like "okay". ; ) : P

Games are not objectively good or bad. If I were to present my opinion as fact there are plenty of good games.

Deus Vult
The Thrill of the Fight
Racket NX
Vindicta
Knockout League
The Unspoken
Wilsons Heart
Pavlov VR
Table Tennis Eleven
Katana X
Climbey
Iron Wolf VR
Raw Data
Knockout League
Space Pirate Trainer

+ plus a lot of demos and experiences I'm not counting but definitely had some value. A few games I don't yet own like f.ex. Onward, and other games I may have forgotten. Not including any games that I didn't personally enjoy much, like Super Hot, which was very short lived and didn't do  much for me. Out of these games some are played little, but that doesn't matter, I consider them all worthy games.

Also there are pleny promising upcoming games:

VFC
Sprint Runner
Sparc
Lone Echo/ EchoArena
The Magicians
Gorn (I'm in closed beta)
Soulkeeper VR
+ many others

That's already more than a handfull and I don't play racing or flight sims.

Anonymous
Not applicable

inovator said:

Thanks for mentioning. I'm not sure about that game and wouldn't pay even 29.99 now it's a buy.

I had Robinson installed for all of like 3 days, then uninstalled. Was not too impressed with that one.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

elboffor said:

Im still trying to reach the top of the mountain on mountain goat mountain. Until i complete that game i aint playing anything else.

I suspect you enjoy the simulated mating in mountain goat simulator VR. :wink:
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Oh man VR rubber booties and velcro gloves!
WAAAGH!

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

MowTin said:

elboffor said:

Im still trying to reach the top of the mountain on mountain goat mountain. Until i complete that game i aint playing anything else.

I suspect you enjoy the simulated mating in mountain goat simulator VR. :wink:

You mean mounting goat surely!

Anonymous
Not applicable

dburne said:

inovator said:

Thanks for mentioning. I'm not sure about that game and wouldn't pay even 29.99 now it's a buy.

I had Robinson installed for all of like 3 days, then uninstalled. Was not too impressed with that one.

Really? I'm loving the game so far, but that's because I was CRAZY about dinosaurs when I was a kid I think. Dinosaurs are awesome!

I'm also loving the scanner because ever since I played Metroid Prime 10 years or so ago for the first time I've loved scanning things in-game and reading the info collected about them.

The level design is also excellent so far, it all seems so real to me and quite natural looking.

Different strokes and all that I guess! 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, cudos to Ubi

Mr.Creepy said:

MervinRae said:

The thing is just, if you substract the driving& flight-games (need wheel/hotas, are "intense") it is not that much that really remains. Robinsons Journay with gamepad seems meh, Alice VR seems to have motion sickness problems, Edge of Nowhere seems cool at the first glance but on the second it feels a bit mediocre - same/similar goes for a bunch of the other higher AA games. What remains are two handfull of good games where you still have to think about the value and the cost.

There are good games out in the meantime. For sure enough to entertain someone new for some time. But it is not "overhelming", not even "that" good, more like "okay". ; ) : P

Games are not objectively good or bad. If I were to present my opinion as fact there are plenty of good games.

Deus Vult
The Thrill of the Fight
Racket NX
Vindicta
Knockout League
The Unspoken
Wilsons Heart
Pavlov VR
Table Tennis Eleven
Katana X
Climbey
Iron Wolf VR
Raw Data
Knockout League
Space Pirate Trainer

+ plus a lot of demos and experiences I'm not counting but definitely had some value. A few games I don't yet own like f.ex. Onward, and other games I may have forgotten. Not including any games that I didn't personally enjoy much, like Super Hot, which was very short lived and didn't do  much for me. Out of these games some are played little, but that doesn't matter, I consider them all worthy games.

Also there are pleny promising upcoming games:

VFC
Sprint Runner
Sparc
Lone Echo/ EchoArena
The Magicians
Gorn (I'm in closed beta)
Soulkeeper VR
+ many others

That's already more than a handfull and I don't play racing or flight sims.

Well, you have listed 14 games, most of them small games and double games (two boxing games, some racket games), and early access games (not to forget that you have listed a bunch of games that need a three
sensor roomscale setup like iron wolf and racket nx, but that just on
the side) - that is what i call two handfull of good games. : P well, if that is overhelming for you.. for me this is exactly what I would call "okay". ; )

Even counting in all better bigger games, like Robo Recall and Raw Data, Wilsons Heart, and so on, + the small "Minigames" that are good, like Eleven, Thrill of Fight, etc. I would most probably come to 20 Games, maybe 25, and that is not "overhelming". It is okay.

And the truth is, let`s hope Fallout 4 and TES Skyrim will come out for the Rift as well as these are the Games we dreamed on for VR. (And yes, build from the ground up VR games is kinda like the "real" thing, but something like fallout or skyrim would be great as well).

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
Many systems start out slow look at the Game Cube it released with 12 games and slowly built up its titles to almost 300 in five years the titles started out slowly and quickened pace the last three years.
The Rift and Vive are no different.
Its been a year and games are being churned out sure not at a breakneck pace but they are comming.
AAA companies are beginning to see that these VR headsets as a source of revenue look at Ubi soft with Bridgecrew. 
That single title has proven that these titles will sell and having games linked for all VR systems are what sells.
WAAAGH!

Anonymous
Not applicable

snowdog said:

dburne said:

inovator said:

Really? I'm loving the game so far, but that's because I was CRAZY about dinosaurs when I was a kid I think. Dinosaurs are awesome!

I'm also loving the scanner because ever since I played Metroid Prime 10 years or so ago for the first time I've loved scanning things in-game and reading the info collected about them.

The level design is also excellent so far, it all seems so real to me and quite natural looking.

Different strokes and all that I guess! 😄

Perhaps I did not spend enough time in it to properly learn it. Never could really get anywhere with it, scanning did not seem to really do anything that I could tell. I too love Dinosaurs but never got to see any more other than that baby one...