New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I'm overwhelmed by content. Are you? Or not.

2»

Comments

• MervinRaeMervinRae Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2017
    The thing is just, if you substract the driving& flight-games (need wheel/hotas, are "intense") it is not that much that really remains. Robinsons Journay with gamepad seems meh, Alice VR seems to have motion sickness problems, Edge of Nowhere seems cool at the first glance but on the second it feels a bit mediocre - same/similar goes for a bunch of the other higher AA games. What remains are two handfull of good games where you still have to think about the value and the cost.

There are good games out in the meantime. For sure enough to entertain someone new for some time. But it is not "overhelming", not even "that" good, more like "okay". ; ) : P
  • Tattoo_DudeTattoo_Dude Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited June 2017
    falken76 said:
    It does have a search function.  I don't know if it has one in the HMD, I use the desktop version.  Their's an icon for a magnifying glass at the top right next to settings on Oculus home for desktop.  
    I am referring to the regular Oculus website, oculus.com. Not when you open Oculus on your desktop. So if you are browsing on a different computer and just sign in to the website, there is no search option.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,712 Valuable Player
    Yea I wish Robinsons journey was touch that's put me off of it.
    I do have high hopes for Myst style games on this medium.

I also hope that the new Mechwarrior title and Elder Scrolls will be offered in VR
    Until then when I get home I'll work on getting Mechwarrior online to work as a Hotas setup using something like virtual desktop or vropx.

It'll be a year or two before AAA companies jump into the pool full on but it will happen step by step.
    In between then and now we will have releases like lone echo to look forward to.
    WAAAGH!
    Wish we could edit our post.
    Ubisoft might be one of the first AAA players for VR after the sales that Bridgecrew is pulling in.
    WAAAGH!
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,901 Valuable Player
    falken76 said:
    It does have a search function.  I don't know if it has one in the HMD, I use the desktop version.  Their's an icon for a magnifying glass at the top right next to settings on Oculus home for desktop.  
    I am referring to the regular Oculus website, oculus.com. Not when you open Oculus on your desktop. So if you are browsing on a different computer and just sign in to the website, there is no search option.
    I didn't even know there was a difference.  I've never actually gone to Oculus.com to purchase anything, I'll have to take a look to at least see what it looks like.
  • ZoomieZoomie Posts: 1,777 Valuable Player
    @Morgrum You can.  Mouse over the top right of the black bar - to the right of the timestamp.  There should be a small white sprocket that will allow you to edit your post. 
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C Clarke
    Thanks Zoomie never noticed that.
    WAAAGH!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,484 Valuable Player
    Woo hoo! Robinson The Journey is half price for 24 hours. Just the one I was waiting for! Bought!!!  B)
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,265 Valuable Player
    Thanks for mentioning. I'm not sure about that game and wouldn't pay even 29.99 now it's a buy.
  • Tattoo_DudeTattoo_Dude Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    snowdog said:
    Woo hoo! Robinson The Journey is half price for 24 hours. Just the one I was waiting for! Bought!!!  B)
    Damn it! I was trying not to buy anything else!
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    edited June 2017
    MervinRae said:
    The thing is just, if you substract the driving& flight-games (need wheel/hotas, are "intense") it is not that much that really remains. Robinsons Journay with gamepad seems meh, Alice VR seems to have motion sickness problems, Edge of Nowhere seems cool at the first glance but on the second it feels a bit mediocre - same/similar goes for a bunch of the other higher AA games. What remains are two handfull of good games where you still have to think about the value and the cost.

There are good games out in the meantime. For sure enough to entertain someone new for some time. But it is not "overhelming", not even "that" good, more like "okay". ; ) : P
    Games are not objectively good or bad. If I were to present my opinion as fact there are plenty of good games.

Deus Vult
    The Thrill of the Fight
    Racket NX
    Vindicta
    Knockout League
    The Unspoken
    Wilsons Heart
    Pavlov VR
    Table Tennis Eleven
    Katana X
    Climbey
    Iron Wolf VR
    Raw Data
    Knockout League
    Space Pirate Trainer

+ plus a lot of demos and experiences I'm not counting but definitely had some value. A few games I don't yet own like f.ex. Onward, and other games I may have forgotten. Not including any games that I didn't personally enjoy much, like Super Hot, which was very short lived and didn't do  much for me. Out of these games some are played little, but that doesn't matter, I consider them all worthy games.

Also there are pleny promising upcoming games:

VFC
    Sprint Runner
    Sparc
    Lone Echo/ EchoArena
    The Magicians
    Gorn (I'm in closed beta)
    Soulkeeper VR
    + many others

That's already more than a handfull and I don't play racing or flight sims.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,521 Valuable Player
    inovator said:
    Thanks for mentioning. I'm not sure about that game and wouldn't pay even 29.99 now it's a buy.

I had Robinson installed for all of like 3 days, then uninstalled. Was not too impressed with that one.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,916 Valuable Player
    elboffor said:
    Im still trying to reach the top of the mountain on mountain goat mountain. Until i complete that game i aint playing anything else.

I suspect you enjoy the simulated mating in mountain goat simulator VR. :wink:
    i7 9700k 2080ti   CV1, Rift-S, Index
    Oh man VR rubber booties and velcro gloves!
    WAAAGH!
  • Sax-a-boomSax-a-boom Posts: 731
    3Jane
    MowTin said:
    elboffor said:
    Im still trying to reach the top of the mountain on mountain goat mountain. Until i complete that game i aint playing anything else.

I suspect you enjoy the simulated mating in mountain goat simulator VR. :wink:
    You mean mounting goat surely!
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,484 Valuable Player
    dburne said:
    inovator said:

I had Robinson installed for all of like 3 days, then uninstalled. Was not too impressed with that one.
    Really? I'm loving the game so far, but that's because I was CRAZY about dinosaurs when I was a kid I think. Dinosaurs are awesome!

I'm also loving the scanner because ever since I played Metroid Prime 10 years or so ago for the first time I've loved scanning things in-game and reading the info collected about them.

The level design is also excellent so far, it all seems so real to me and quite natural looking.

Different strokes and all that I guess! :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • MervinRaeMervinRae Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2017
    Yes, cudos to Ubi
    Mr.Creepy said:
    MervinRae said:

Games are not objectively good or bad. If I were to present my opinion as fact there are plenty of good games.

Deus Vult
    The Thrill of the Fight
    Racket NX
    Vindicta
    Knockout League
    The Unspoken
    Wilsons Heart
    Pavlov VR
    Table Tennis Eleven
    Katana X
    Climbey
    Iron Wolf VR
    Raw Data
    Knockout League
    Space Pirate Trainer

+ plus a lot of demos and experiences I'm not counting but definitely had some value. A few games I don't yet own like f.ex. Onward, and other games I may have forgotten. Not including any games that I didn't personally enjoy much, like Super Hot, which was very short lived and didn't do  much for me. Out of these games some are played little, but that doesn't matter, I consider them all worthy games.

VFC
    Sprint Runner
    Sparc
    Lone Echo/ EchoArena
    The Magicians
    Soulkeeper VR
    + many others

Well, you have listed 14 games, most of them small games and double games (two boxing games, some racket games), and early access games (not to forget that you have listed a bunch of games that need a three sensor roomscale setup like iron wolf and racket nx, but that just on the side) - that is what i call two handfull of good games. : P well, if that is overhelming for you.. for me this is exactly what I would call "okay". ; )

Even counting in all better bigger games, like Robo Recall and Raw Data, Wilsons Heart, and so on, + the small "Minigames" that are good, like Eleven, Thrill of Fight, etc. I would most probably come to 20 Games, maybe 25, and that is not "overhelming". It is okay.

And the truth is, let`s hope Fallout 4 and TES Skyrim will come out for the Rift as well as these are the Games we dreamed on for VR. (And yes, build from the ground up VR games is kinda like the "real" thing, but something like fallout or skyrim would be great as well).

Many systems start out slow look at the Game Cube it released with 12 games and slowly built up its titles to almost 300 in five years the titles started out slowly and quickened pace the last three years.
    The Rift and Vive are no different.
    Its been a year and games are being churned out sure not at a breakneck pace but they are comming.
    AAA companies are beginning to see that these VR headsets as a source of revenue look at Ubi soft with Bridgecrew. 
    That single title has proven that these titles will sell and having games linked for all VR systems are what sells.
    WAAAGH!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 3,521 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    dburne said:
    inovator said:

Really? I'm loving the game so far, but that's because I was CRAZY about dinosaurs when I was a kid I think. Dinosaurs are awesome!

I'm also loving the scanner because ever since I played Metroid Prime 10 years or so ago for the first time I've loved scanning things in-game and reading the info collected about them.

The level design is also excellent so far, it all seems so real to me and quite natural looking.

Different strokes and all that I guess! :D

Perhaps I did not spend enough time in it to properly learn it. Never could really get anywhere with it, scanning did not seem to really do anything that I could tell. I too love Dinosaurs but never got to see any more other than that baby one...

Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    edited June 2017
    MervinRae said:
    Yes, cudos to Ubi
    Mr.Creepy said:
    MervinRae said:

Deus Vult
    The Thrill of the Fight
    Racket NX
    Vindicta
    Knockout League
    The Unspoken
    Wilsons Heart
    Pavlov VR
    Table Tennis Eleven
    Katana X
    Climbey
    Iron Wolf VR
    Raw Data
    Knockout League
    Space Pirate Trainer

VFC
    Sprint Runner
    Sparc
    Lone Echo/ EchoArena
    The Magicians
    Soulkeeper VR
    + many others

Well, you have listed 14 games, most of them small games and double games (two boxing games, some racket games), and early access games (not to forget that you have listed a bunch of games that need a three sensor roomscale setup like iron wolf and racket nx, but that just on the side) - that is what i call two handfull of good games. : P well, if that is overhelming for you.. for me this is exactly what I would call "okay". ; )

Even counting in all better bigger games, like Robo Recall and Raw Data, Wilsons Heart, and so on, + the small "Minigames" that are good, like Eleven, Thrill of Fight, etc. I would most probably come to 20 Games, maybe 25, and that is not "overhelming". It is okay.

And the truth is, let`s hope Fallout 4 and TES Skyrim will come out for the Rift as well as these are the Games we dreamed on for VR. (And yes, build from the ground up VR games is kinda like the "real" thing, but something like fallout or skyrim would be great as well).

This is just games I own, except the upcoming ones. If I can't list more than one racket game, then neither can I list more than one shooter game. This is not all there is too list, as I said. I can list more games that I don't own that looks good.

My most played game is Racket NX with about 120 hours, my second most played is The Thrill of the Fight with about 60, these two games aren't big, but have great replayability. During the first two days of Deus Vult I played 9 hours, I would have much more than 15 now if it wasn't for the low playerbase.

The games I spent most time with is the ones where there is a competitive element, and an endless skill curve. I enjoyed The Unspoken a lot, but only recently have I had time to play that over more compelling experiences, that's what I mean by overwhelmed, not that there is an overwhelming number of good games, but there are more game I like than I can fit into my day.

The OP asked do you feel overwhelmed with content, so it's subjective, and I didn't even say "overwhelming" in my response, but I have more content than I have time to play, so I can't complain. Games like Sprint Vector and VFC are the peak of VR for me at the moment, I'll be playing those a lot. Also Echo Arena is a game I think will keep me coming back for a long time.

• inovatorinovator Posts: 2,265 Valuable Player
    Thats a good point. Having more games than time to play. If you have hours everyday 7 days a week u may not be overwhelmed. But in my case new games keep coming out before I can even come close to playing all I want to play of the current games.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,427 Volunteer Moderator
    I still have games I bought in last year's summer sale that I haven't played yet (also the fall sale, winter sale, and spring sale).
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0