New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Echo Arena’s Open Beta Begins June 23rd at 10:00am PT!

LilTrashPandaLilTrashPanda Posts: 65 Ready At Dawn
edited June 2017 in Lone Echo / Echo Arena
Hello, Oculus community!

We're so excited to announce that Echo Arena’s first Open Beta test begins June 23rd, 10:00am PT and ends June 25th, 8:00pm PT

If you just can’t wait to experience zero-G movement, the Echo Arena tutorial is now available – download it today on the Oculus Store (search for “Echo Arena Open Beta” or click on this link) . Once installed, boot up the game and select “Tutorial” at the main menu to learn the basics. Please note that at the end of the tutorial sequence it will try to connect you to a server. Since our servers will not be online until June 23rd, you will need to manually close Echo Arena and reopen it if you’d like to revisit the tutorial.

Our goals for our first Open Beta is to test our matchmaking systems and server infrastructure. On June 23rd at 10:00am PT, the “Play” option will be activated on Echo Arena’s main menu screen which will take you into the social lobby where you can meet other players, deck out your Series 11 android in the customization room (level up to unlock new options), practice punching and blocking in the combat arena, and hone your disc-throwing skills in the smaller practice area. Once you’re limbered up, use the podiums in the middle of the lobby and select “Find Game” to soar into the arena where you can compete for a Top 10 spot on the Open Beta leaderboards — GLHF!

For our first Open Beta, you will not be able to create premade parties with other players. We need to have as many players matchmaking as possible, so we’ll be bringing the party system online for our future Open Beta tests. Thank you for your understanding! We hope this Open Beta weekend leads to meeting new friends within the Oculus community and we look forward to partying with you next time.

Comments

• BlackAesopBlackAesop Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Looking forward to the beta this weekend! Thank you devs! :-)
  • VirtuaJulianVirtuaJulian Posts: 151 Oculus Staff
    Can't wait, going to be a fun weekend!
  • NikorasuNikorasu Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    I can't wait! :smiley:
    Already played around in the tutorial a bit! Really impressive hand/body immersion, and hand-grips! Wish more games went this far with this kind of detail and immersion.
  • HeyMineHeyMine Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited June 2017
    I had some issues, a CMD window opened and had a stream of errors, overlay something.  It did display the menu and arm and all that up until the floating robot guy.  Headset went dark after that, but onscreen display was there.
    So far I like the actual arm animation, finally some robot arms!
  • rad_davidnrad_davidn Posts: 5
    Brain Burst
    Hey, 

If you'd like to attach the logs for your game session I could probably take a peek and potentially address the issue you were having. Normally, the log files for each time you play are stored in this location

"C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-r14-multiplayer\_local\r14logs"

• F4CEpa1mF4CEpa1m Posts: 154
    Art3mis
    Oh hell yeah, just went through the tutorial and my god man, the hands man, the hands!

Downloaded and rearing to go!
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    Man, I'm gonna be there on the clock tomorrow at 10:00 AM. Finally a proper team sports experience in VR.
  • VrLogin0ffVrLogin0ff Posts: 5
    Brain Burst

It is necessary to bring novations -

Particles in the air (optional)

Push off himself from objects of hands movement (not grasping)

• Fishing_24_7_TwitchFishing_24_7_Twitch Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Echo Arena Looks Awesome! Fooled around with the tutorial! Lets have fun guys! twitch.tv/fishing_24_7
  • JustJohnVRJustJohnVR Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    Have been playing around with it for a bit and got a few matches in.  Can't say I expected it to be this much fun.  Join the weekend party, people!
  • n8churn8chur Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited June 2017
    Are the servers down at the moment? I'm unable to join the lobby.
  • Fishing_24_7_TwitchFishing_24_7_Twitch Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Party! Party! HYPE Plz Servers I can has play
  • HeVeNyHeVeNy Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    God Dammit this game is fun! Played about 10 games today and had the "just one more game" feeling until had to stop to come posting about the game. Gameplay is so smooth and easy to learn but difficult to master. For multiplayer alone this feels like 5/5
  • ZejchZejch Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    This is soooooo muuuuch fuuuun, guys!!! Thanks a lot!

P.S>Some bugs: 1. Once our orange player vas marked as blue all the game (on scoreboard too). 2. Once "ball" froze in one line for 5-10 secs.
  • KillCardKillCard Posts: 1,078
    Wintermute
    This game is incredible ... LEGIT Enders game: The Movie: The Game: The Experience: The Game.
  • ZejchZejch Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    edited June 2017
    How to save customization? It always raises when match begins. And why my level always 0?
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,447 Volunteer Moderator
    For customization, you have three "outfits", one for blue team, one for orange team, and one for "social", which is basically hanging out in the lobby.  There are buttons across the top of the customization screen to switch between those so you can customize all three looks.

I found last night that not everything saved after exiting and restarting the game--my colours did, but not decals and patterns. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,266 Valuable Player
    Just had a go at the lobby - this game is for sure gonna be great! Couldn't get a real game going though - stuck in matchmaking limbo :disappointed:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
  • BEARDEDFIGNUTZBEARDEDFIGNUTZ Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    Have not been able to connect to a lobby yet. 

• Elias24601Elias24601 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Frick.  Just too good.  I set a personal best record for most tangled oculus cable.  11 times around the bottom of my swivel chair.  Apparently I favor left turns.

Just frick.  This game.  THE ENEMY'S GATE IS DOWN!  So happy.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 2,266 Valuable Player
    edited June 2017
    Frick.  Just too good.  I set a personal best record for most tangled oculus cable.  11 times around the bottom of my swivel chair.  Apparently I favor left turns.

Just frick.  This game.  THE ENEMY'S GATE IS DOWN!  So happy.
    Same with me in Robo Recall, the cable gets twisted like crazy the same way around every fucking 10 minutes, and I have no recollection of stepping over it more than once or twice maybe...  wtf is going on?! :lol::confused:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb