cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.16 Rift Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Features:
    • Mixed reality capture: We've begun adding support for developers who want to create videos and content that merges live footage of people using Rift and Touch with VR footage from their apps. It may be a little while before you see the end results, since mixed reality requires developers to take several steps including updating their apps and setting up an extra Touch controller as a trackable VR Object before recording the footage, but we're excited about the future.
    • Oculus apps and software updates: We redesigned the interface and the technical process for updates to give you more information and control over each update. You'll have access to release notes to find out what's new in each update, and the interface is now clearer and easier to use.
    • Issue reporting: You can now report an issue directly from within the Oculus software, to help us make future improvements. Note that you should still contact Oculus Support directly if you're having an ongoing issue.
    • Environments: Environments change the look of Oculus Home. The next time you enter Oculus Home after updating the Oculus software, you'll see the new Cityscape environment. If you wish, you can switch back to the Classic Oculus Home, and we'll be adding more environments later.
    • Friends: If your friends choose to let you know, you'll now see whether your Oculus friends and Facebook friends are using Rift or Gear VR.
    • Language support: You'll now be able to choose one of four supported languages when initially setting up Rift and Touch.
    • Oculus Store: We've started supporting 360º-only content. We'll tell which games are 360º-only, and even alert you if you're about to purchase this content and we don't recognize your setup to have 360º tracking configured. Also added full-screen screenshots for apps.
  • Bug fixes:
    • Oculus software on your computer: Fixed an issue with window scaling.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
132 REPLIES 132

MPires
Heroic Explorer

MongoJon said:

Please fix the Dirt Rally issue. It's still in 1.16 !

Same here :(.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mot666 said:

It works ok, but when you leave it long enough for the controller to switch off it doesn't connect again, it just flashes then turns off. I had an Xbox Elite controller and wireless dongle before I got my Rift, worked fine before I installed the Oculus software. I'm fairly certain it is a known issue too.

I have that too. Also before 1.16. I have to replug the xbox-controller to get the gamepad recognized and on again.

Shii
Protege

Mot666 said:

It works ok, but when you leave it long enough for the controller to switch off it doesn't connect again.

As a workaround you can open Oculus system menu with the Oculus Remote controller and turn on XBox Gamepad while menu active. Gamepad won't switch off if enabled within menu.
Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 32Gb RAM, MSI RTX 2080 8Gb Gaming X Trio

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else got a very bright menu/loading screen after 1.16?
Brightness is up too much..
It's the screen that comes up when you press the oculus button on remote and also the one that says please wait while your game is loading..

Ruined
Heroic Explorer

tomcul said:

Anyone else got a very bright menu/loading screen after 1.16?
Brightness is up too much..
It's the screen that comes up when you press the oculus button on remote and also the one that says please wait while your game is loading..

I have the same problem, loading is almost blinding.

Ruined
Heroic Explorer
The new firmware broke my Oculus multiplayer. Can play single player games but now multiplayer games say can't connect to store and Dragon Front throws up Error 923.

magnus_jalmbran
Honored Guest

Just updated, now Dirt Rally main menu looks like it's "snowing", seems to have been mentioned before. Please fix!

Same issue for me, haven´t found a way to roll-back either 😞

THAHOF
Honored Guest
DiRT Rally issue persists. Filed a ticket. Just bought it too :neutral:

flexy123
Superstar
I have not been "in VR" for 2 days and it d/l 1.16 two days ago and today I saw it. Is it normal that the fire from the classic home is gone?

DTH
Heroic Explorer
I saw that and thought that the fire is out because it is summer