cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Trek Bridge Crew User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

MrMorgue said:

I'm going to hold off my voting as I've only played about 2-3 hours...however, I'm finding the game to be very boring.  Sure, it is neat to be driving a starship with multiple people, but sitting in front of a simple board and flipping some switches doesn't make for a very interesting game.  Certainly not worth $50.

Hmm so are people enjoying this more because of the social aspects of VR Star Trek rather than the actual game? Did you play solo or with others?

Only doing Singer Player here and loving the game!

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary

dburne said:

MrMorgue said:

I'm going to hold off my voting as I've only played about 2-3 hours...however, I'm finding the game to be very boring.  Sure, it is neat to be driving a starship with multiple people, but sitting in front of a simple board and flipping some switches doesn't make for a very interesting game.  Certainly not worth $50.

Hmm so are people enjoying this more because of the social aspects of VR Star Trek rather than the actual game? Did you play solo or with others?

Only doing Singer Player here and loving the game!

Yeh I just tried it. Did all the tutorials to familiarize myself with each role and just completed the first campaign mission. I can see that it must be pretty fun with human players (if you're focused that is and not goofing about),but it's also quite neat playing solo. I will reserve full opinion once I've logged more hours. I can clearly see though if you're a Trekkie then this is like nectar and honey.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
I wanna buy this game but i need to save cash at the moment...im goona be like techy and wait for it to reach a fiver..lol

Techy111
MVP
MVP

nAV2016 said:

I wanna buy this game but i need to save cash at the moment...im goona be like techy and wait for it to reach a fiver..lol

Lol still waiting for the climb to climb down to a fiver..........OCULUS !!!!!
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Kalec84
Heroic Explorer
Question:
Is it good in single player? I mean, i'm sure multiplayer with friend is a blast, but how about single player?
Also, any problems with cross platform (Oculus players playing qith Vive players)?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Single player is pretty decent albeit a little lonely compared to online. That said, the new voice commands are sweet (especially if you role play a little by saying crew names before the order). You have a selection of set missions then some free-form missions which you can repeat as often as you like.You also have the choice to play different roles on the ship for variety by seat swapping if you desire. There are two ship types with the original Enterprise being much harder to manage due to its low tech looks (in comparison to the Aegis) .

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been playing the SP campaign and enjoying it very much. As you progress further it gets pretty tough though, at least for me. I took a bit of a break to do more of my main gaming, combat flight simming, now that the voice commands appear to be out going to have to resume my campaign and see how I fare.

I only play SP and so far I have been liking it very much.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Voice commands are lots of fun albeit a little temperamental at times. This is a good addition especially if you're not keen on multiplayer. Sadly it's only English at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH4bY4ZG9Pw

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I am enjoying reading the various comments about this title. I think I'm gonna wait to buy it until it goes on a super sale though. I'm currently focused on the latest RPG type games: Witchblood, Mages Tale, and Karnage Chronicles.

One note about Bridge Crew:
I've been watching the playthrough with VRGamerDude and SadGamerDad, and I noticed that the Warp travel goes to a Loading Screen:
http://forum.vrspies.com/t/kobayashi-maru-test-destroying-the-enterprise-in-star-trek-bridge-crew-wi...

I found this to be a missed opportunity in comparison to  Galaxy travel via Elite Dangerous. I like the fact that in ED you can fall out of Hyperspace and just get "lost in space." Considering that Bridge Crew's goal is to challenge players to run the Enterprise in a realistic sense, I'm really surprised that the game makes Warp travel a simple "Click--> Loading Screen" sequence.

falken76
Expert Consultant
Zenbane you're back!  Seems they let you back on early this time.  Star Trek Bridge Crew is awesome.  The warp feels like you're just being connected to another server, they didn't make it interactive at all.  I just watched some star trek and they were clearly firing weapons while in warp!  Much improvement is needed!  j/k