cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow Steam has a lot of stuff I didn't know about

falken76
Expert Consultant
I haven't been on steam in a long time, I usually buy all my games from Oculus Home.  Not for any reason in particular since steam works just fine on my old outdated system anyway.  But man they have a ton of games.  And not all of them are the craptastic indie tech demo types.  VR Golf Club looks WAY better than the VR Golf game I bought on Oculus that was on sale.  I hope this one goes on sale with steams sale starting today at 10 am pst.

Can anyone recommend any games that are a must have that are only available on steam?  Has anyone played the VR Golf Club game?  The reviews are all overwhelmingly positive.  I'm only interested in about 3 games on OH, 1 of which isn't even on sale, hell it'll probably go on sale at steam today anyway.
18 REPLIES 18

Cyda
Protege
Pavlov and Dead Effect 2 VR would by my recommendations on Steam. Both are great fun.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

snowdog said:

Subnautica  are all excellent games only available from Steam, 
When does this sale start in UK time..?

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/993520564054974/

That aside i agree its worth following both stores 
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

katechicago
Honored Guest

snowdog said:

Subnautica  are all excellent games only available from Steam, 
When does this sale start in UK time..?

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/993520564054974/

That aside i agree its worth following both stores 

Goood 🙂

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
2nding Dead Effect 2 VR if you like single player shooters. It's still early access but is mostly complete on the current regular version. If you opt for the beta version, it is content complete but has a few annoying bugs (archery is a bit off in newest beta). Overall I consider it way up there with Robo Recall if you like shooters. It also has a coop mode but I've never tried it.

Another thing worth checking is War Robots. It's actually an advertisement for a non-VR mobile game, but it's a hell of a lot of fun for the 5-6 minutes of game it has. It's what Archangel should have been. Obviously it's free.

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
Surprised no one has mentioned Audioshield a Steam must have in my opinion, especially great for quick 10 min runs, if you go longer than that you may begin to sweat :wink:

Basically load up any music track you own, or any video from Youtube and "dance" along blocking colour balls with a shield in each hand, great exercise and great fun too.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Audioshield is OK but I find the automatic generation of hits to tracks a bit off, it doesn't quite feel like it is properly reflective of the music.  That's why I prefer Soundboxing - a person has generated the beatmaps and it really does follow the music (for example, try the Bee Gees Staying Alive to make you do some proper Saturday Night Fever moves).  They both have their merits though - Audioshield can play any song but not necessarily make you feel you are moving to the music, Soundboxing makes you feel like you are moving to the music but you are reliant on you (or more likely someone else) having made a beatmap.  Both make you work up a sweat though, as you day.

Protocol7
Heroic Explorer
Onward now has bots so you can play a couple of the maps in singleplayer mode

Eleven: Table Tennis VR is excellent, with realistic physics

Sundaygloom
Protege
Golf club vr and assetto corsa are my only steam vr games at the moment. Both are my favorite vr games though. 
I have project cars on ps4 which I prefer over assetto corsa but I didn't want to rebuy it on pc as I have a ton of dlc for it. I'm really looking forward to project cars 2 next week though! 

Tadin
Heroic Explorer

Audioshield is OK but I find the automatic generation of hits to tracks a bit off, it doesn't quite feel like it is properly reflective of the music.  That's why I prefer Soundboxing - a person has generated the beatmaps and it really does follow the music (for example, try the Bee Gees Staying Alive to make you do some proper Saturday Night Fever moves).  They both have their merits though - Audioshield can play any song but not necessarily make you feel you are moving to the music, Soundboxing makes you feel like you are moving to the music but you are reliant on you (or more likely someone else) having made a beatmap.  Both make you work up a sweat though, as you day.

I find "Normal" difficulty pretty good, but the harder modes can sometimes be a bit off.

I'll have to check out Soundboxing, sounds excellent, thanks 🙂