cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo Arena’s Open Beta Begins June 23rd at 10:00am PT!

LilTrashPanda
Expert Protege
Hello, Oculus community!

We're so excited to announce that Echo Arena’s first Open Beta test begins June 23rd, 10:00am PT and ends June 25th, 8:00pm PT

If you just can’t wait to experience zero-G movement, the Echo Arena tutorial is now available – download it today on the Oculus Store (search for “Echo Arena Open Beta” or click on this link) . Once installed, boot up the game and select “Tutorial” at the main menu to learn the basics. Please note that at the end of the tutorial sequence it will try to connect you to a server. Since our servers will not be online until June 23rd, you will need to manually close Echo Arena and reopen it if you’d like to revisit the tutorial.

Our goals for our first Open Beta is to test our matchmaking systems and server infrastructure. On June 23rd at 10:00am PT, the “Play” option will be activated on Echo Arena’s main menu screen which will take you into the social lobby where you can meet other players, deck out your Series 11 android in the customization room (level up to unlock new options), practice punching and blocking in the combat arena, and hone your disc-throwing skills in the smaller practice area. Once you’re limbered up, use the podiums in the middle of the lobby and select “Find Game” to soar into the arena where you can compete for a Top 10 spot on the Open Beta leaderboards — GLHF!

For our first Open Beta, you will not be able to create premade parties with other players. We need to have as many players matchmaking as possible, so we’ll be bringing the party system online for our future Open Beta tests. Thank you for your understanding! We hope this Open Beta weekend leads to meeting new friends within the Oculus community and we look forward to partying with you next time.

np5qi2y1s2mm.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

BlackAesop
Honored Guest
Looking forward to the beta this weekend! Thank you devs! 🙂

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer
Can't wait, going to be a fun weekend!

Nikorasu
Adventurer
I can't wait! :smiley:
Already played around in the tutorial a bit! Really impressive hand/body immersion, and hand-grips! Wish more games went this far with this kind of detail and immersion.

HeyMine
Honored Guest
I had some issues, a CMD window opened and had a stream of errors, overlay something.  It did display the menu and arm and all that up until the floating robot guy.  Headset went dark after that, but onscreen display was there.
So far I like the actual arm animation, finally some robot arms!

rad_davidn
Explorer
Hey, 

If you'd like to attach the logs for your game session I could probably take a peek and potentially address the issue you were having. Normally, the log files for each time you play are stored in this location

"C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\ready-at-dawn-r14-multiplayer\_local\r14logs"

F4CEpa1m
Adventurer
Oh hell yeah, just went through the tutorial and my god man, the hands man, the hands!

Downloaded and rearing to go!

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
Man, I'm gonna be there on the clock tomorrow at 10:00 AM. Finally a proper team sports experience in VR.

AlexLogin0ff
Explorer

It is necessary to bring novations -

Particles in the air (optional)

Push off himself from objects of hands movement (not grasping)

Fishing_24_7_Tw
Explorer
Echo Arena Looks Awesome! Fooled around with the tutorial! Lets have fun guys! twitch.tv/fishing_24_7