cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.16 Rift Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Features:
    • Mixed reality capture: We've begun adding support for developers who want to create videos and content that merges live footage of people using Rift and Touch with VR footage from their apps. It may be a little while before you see the end results, since mixed reality requires developers to take several steps including updating their apps and setting up an extra Touch controller as a trackable VR Object before recording the footage, but we're excited about the future.
    • Oculus apps and software updates: We redesigned the interface and the technical process for updates to give you more information and control over each update. You'll have access to release notes to find out what's new in each update, and the interface is now clearer and easier to use.
    • Issue reporting: You can now report an issue directly from within the Oculus software, to help us make future improvements. Note that you should still contact Oculus Support directly if you're having an ongoing issue.
    • Environments: Environments change the look of Oculus Home. The next time you enter Oculus Home after updating the Oculus software, you'll see the new Cityscape environment. If you wish, you can switch back to the Classic Oculus Home, and we'll be adding more environments later.
    • Friends: If your friends choose to let you know, you'll now see whether your Oculus friends and Facebook friends are using Rift or Gear VR.
    • Language support: You'll now be able to choose one of four supported languages when initially setting up Rift and Touch.
    • Oculus Store: We've started supporting 360º-only content. We'll tell which games are 360º-only, and even alert you if you're about to purchase this content and we don't recognize your setup to have 360º tracking configured. Also added full-screen screenshots for apps.
  • Bug fixes:
    • Oculus software on your computer: Fixed an issue with window scaling.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
132 REPLIES 132

gamersbubu
Explorer

AndyW1384 said:

BlaineMiller said:
[snip]

I could try.  It really depends on the device itself and also which USB port you have your devices connected to. Using the windows power setting will have the same affect, but will not work for all devices. So, you have to go into the registry for individual devices that don't have that setting changed.    There are known minor bugs that affect the operation of this function in many versions of windows.  I'm getting this information from a Microsoft support website.

Thanks :)! Can you link to the support article you found? I've found some stuff, but nothing that really goes into it in depth.

Yeah, here: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff540144(v=vs.85).aspx; answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forums/windows8_1-hardware/usb-selective-suspend/20a0ae6c-e5e2-438c-8663-566fd1dbb5ac; support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2934123/usb-selective-suspend-feature-is-disabled-in-windows.

BGFH
Protege
Hello.  I'm a little confused, and unsure if I have the latest version.  Starting on the 19th, I have been getting Oculus updates almost every day, on the 19th, 20th, 21st, and today.  Have there been several small updates?  

I'm also wondering if it's the same update that just isn't installing correctly every time.  Here's what happens.  

I get a dialog box saying there's an update available.  I click Update, and it downloads.  then the Oculus app closes, and I'm left at the desktop.  

When I try opening Oculus again, I get the black screen with the logo flashing for a while, and then back to the desktop.  

If I run the Oculus app again, I get the black screen with Oculus logo, but then the store loads quickly.  Is it just reverting back to an older update, or am I current?  Something seems a bit odd...  

Here is my version info:  
Oculus App version 1.16.0.409144 
(1.16.0.409268)  

I'm guessing the 268 version is current, and I'm a little out of date?  How can I manually try updating again?  

Any ideas why I get the above behavior? 

Thanks.

DTH
Heroic Explorer
That is the same # I have.  sometimes I have to restart the app and sometimes I do not  It has updated twice in one day then a few times in a week.  So I guess this is the current one.

Mot666
Expert Protege

Shii said:

Mot666 said:

It works ok, but when you leave it long enough for the controller to switch off it doesn't connect again.

As a workaround you can open Oculus system menu with the Oculus Remote controller and turn on XBox Gamepad while menu active. Gamepad won't switch off if enabled within menu.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh I LOVE the new nighttime balcony with the blimp! well done!!
I would like to walk around the environment a bit. might be nice, it seems only natural you give us an environment we could walk around, dare I say it even have an apartment?

Hedgy
Protege

BGFH said:

Hello.  I'm a little confused, and unsure if I have the latest version.  Starting on the 19th, I have been getting Oculus updates almost every day, on the 19th, 20th, 21st, and today.  Have there been several small updates?  

I'm also wondering if it's the same update that just isn't installing correctly every time.  Here's what happens.  

I get a dialog box saying there's an update available.  I click Update, and it downloads.  then the Oculus app closes, and I'm left at the desktop.  

When I try opening Oculus again, I get the black screen with the logo flashing for a while, and then back to the desktop.  

If I run the Oculus app again, I get the black screen with Oculus logo, but then the store loads quickly.  Is it just reverting back to an older update, or am I current?  Something seems a bit odd...  

Here is my version info:  
Oculus App version 1.16.0.409144 
(1.16.0.409268)  

I'm guessing the 268 version is current, and I'm a little out of date?  How can I manually try updating again?  

Any ideas why I get the above behavior? 

Thanks.

Yeah I'm getting the update every day too, same version as above. I've just downloaded the installer again and hit repair. seems to have fixed it, then again it may try to update again tomorrow.

Kontonrfive
Explorer
Oh I LOVE the new nighttime balcony with the blimp! well done!!
Edit: Ah, I get you now.

me neither. would be nice if you could share your secret.... how to switch to "nighttime" ?? beside bumping vases and turning radio on.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

me neither. would be nice if you could share your secret.... how to switch to "nighttime" ?? beside bumping vases and turning radio on.

The new Home environment is time-of-day dependant, i.e. it changes based on the actual time. I've only seen it at night up until now because I was using my Rift in the late evening, but I just fired it up and finally saw the new Home in the light of day. Pretty cool!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

nrosko
Superstar
It still amazes me at the slow progress of Oculus homes development. After a year we get a new environment...wow. Steam VR is far better imo, the environments are way ahead of oculus home where you can move around in them, invite other to join you & just has many more features with a user library of them to choose from. And non of the frustration of having to reset the app to change environments. And after all this time we still can't categorize our library & seem to have lost the categories that were there b4.  

Greyman
Superstar
Still getting constant USB errors reported as a result of the latest update, showing itself via Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub error in Device Manager