cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Mage's Tale

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
Really enjoying the game so far! The atmosphere and visuals are really good, and a lot of hidden sekrets. 🙂

I'm finding a lot of small cages with creatures in them, and my pet toad is taking them to the "workshop"?
But what are the purpose of them, I don't see them anywhere, and don't know how I should make use of them??

And also, finding it a bit weird that we kan only have one spell in one hand aktive at the time..
Don't know if this will be the case throughout the game, or if this will change once you get more poweful?
Or this will be suggestions to the devs:
Would have been great if we could wield a spell in eatch hand, and maybe if we had the same spell in both hands and cast them at the same time, they would merge to one powerfull spell.

The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S
10 REPLIES 10

Cyda
Protege
I was also wondering about having a spell in each hand, it seems like a wasted opportunity if you're not able to do it in later levels.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
I found out where all the caged creatures go, they are collectables. 
There are two portals in the spell/workshop that goes to two separate rooms, in one of them you'll find a trophy room with all the cages you have found, and if you pick them up you get a small story about the creature you are holding. 
I first thought the portals went to the same room.. . 😉
The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer

Cyda said:

I was also wondering about having a spell in each hand, it seems like a wasted opportunity if you're not able to do it in later levels.

I don't think you can with spells but If you create a shield in both hands and bring your hands together it creates a bigger shield.

CrashFu
Consultant

vanfanel said:

Cyda said:

I don't think you can with spells but If you create a shield in both hands and bring your hands together it creates a bigger shield.

Did you need to get the "super shield" upgrade before you were able to do that? I only discovered the shield-merging thing after taking that upgrade, and if that's not what it did than I don't know what it's supposed to be for.

Also would not surprise me if there was an upgrade option later in the game that lets you use spells on each hand simultaneously, though last I played I was just about to get to the third 'level', so I'm not terribly far yet.

btw when you visit the monster collection room, be sure to pick up the cages and have a listen. Some of them make some pretty interesting noises; I rather enjoyed the pirate ship with its drinking song / sea shanty. :grin:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer

CrashFu said:

vanfanel said:

Cyda said:

Did you need to get the "super shield" upgrade before you were able to do that? I only discovered the shield-merging thing after taking that upgrade, and if that's not what it did than I don't know what it's supposed to be for.

Also would not surprise me if there was an upgrade option later in the game that lets you use spells on each hand simultaneously, though last I played I was just about to get to the third 'level', so I'm not terribly far yet.

btw when you visit the monster collection room, be sure to pick up the cages and have a listen. Some of them make some pretty interesting noises; I rather enjoyed the pirate ship with its drinking song / sea shanty. :grin:

Yes, it's the Super shield upgrade.

A question (please answer this in spoiler alert if answered). 
I found a Grail/golden cup, think it was in the Sewers or just before/after.
Have returned several times, but can't figure out where to put it?..
Some puzzles are really tricky, and easy to miss. 🙂
The Closet Sim Rig

solo7777
Explorer
Hey, anybody know if there is any advantage to the different colors for spells? Or is that just eye candy?

ploog
Protege

solo7777 said:

Hey, anybody know if there is any advantage to the different colors for spells? Or is that just eye candy?

Eye candy... but also useful for distinguishing between spells in the spell palette.

Zephlyn
Honored Guest
hey, I have a problem. In the sewers, I took the ice shooty thing and had to leave right after that. I came back to see that it was not there. Is there a way I could get it back without starting a new game?

ploog
Protege
What do you mean by "ice shooty thing"?  If you're referring to the Ice/Frost spell, have you ventured back to the workshop to add the spell to your palette?