cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black screen, please help! [SOLVED!] - Thanks Techy111!!

AlertRobotdude
Explorer
I just got a brand new Oculus Rift and touch. When I first used it, I just got a black screen, and pressing some buttons seemed to open up a tutorial. After "First Contact" and the tutorial, I again received a black screen, which worried me as I believed there was supposed to be your Oculus account and games library accessible through the touch and rift. Opening "Robo Recall" Works fine, although I do have to open it from my desktop. It runs smoothly and perfectly. When attempting to open "Dead and Buried", however, all I received was the audio and a black screen. Completely black with no picture what so ever. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated, I've been REALLY looking forward to the rift and would love to play some of these games!!
44 REPLIES 44

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Try the dvi cable first before anything else.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

AlertRobotdude
Explorer
It works!!! I am so sorry for being such a newbie to this, but it is now completely working. I want to say thank you very, very, VERY much to everyone who helped me in this issue, specifically Techy111 for staying with me even through my most ignorant times. Would also like to thank cybereality for his help and suggestions throughout my struggle as well. I now brand this issue Solved!!! 😄

Techy111
MVP
MVP
What was it mate ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

vannagirl
Consultant
hey

i been following this, so glad this is fix for you

yes hes all that in support B)

1zp8tu2f0loj.jpg
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
You need a monitor attached. Rift does not function by itself.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

AlertRobotdude
Explorer
It was just the DVI cable. That was all it was. I feel like such an idiot now 😛

elboffor
Consultant
I do think the need to have a monitor is a little silly. Id love to have a vr machine and thats it. Virtual desktop all the way for everything 😛
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

ShadowZero21
Explorer
My brother, had the Black screen with only sound playing problem today and did a few checks with his PC and also checked with my Oculus rift, so found out it was something with his PC and after reinastall Oculus setup it was still there with the black screen so checked power setting on his PC and the setting was on high all the time..... I change it back to balance power and that fix it also it auto go to high power setting when using the Oculus Rift, and I can only said to us this solvation if the one before doesn't work, and find more than one solvation help everyone

darkevil_dark_9
Honored Guest
Guys 

The problem has been solved easily

You Go to Oculus settings+BETA

Go to Restart Oculus 

^ that one worked for me as my self had this problem 

Good luck Guys

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a ticket in for this issue. Still trying to resolve this after a month. Tried every fix known to man. They are unable to tell me whats wrong with it, and give me cookie cutter responses when I ask. So now I have a doorstop. Pretty disappointed.