New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Home Tips + Basics (for the newcomers)

F4CEpa1mF4CEpa1m Posts: 153
Art3mis
Put together a list of my top 15 tips for Oculus Home for people new to VR.

It's pretty basic stuff, but a couple of things I didn't know of until a week or two back.

Enjoy
x_0

Comments

• ColinBColinB Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    Great watching.
    Goes well with fush and chups too !
    By the way...Congrats on American cup victory  :)
  • F4CEpa1mF4CEpa1m Posts: 153
    Art3mis
    edited June 2017
    ColinB said:
    Great watching.
    Goes well with fush and chups too !
    By the way...Congrats on American cup victory  :)
    Haha this guy :smiley:  Thanks Col, surprising to not get grief for being an Australian (which isn't the worst thing in the world tbh, it's a great place). 

I haven't followed the cup since I left NZ and holy shit how far have those bloody things come!?  That's some futuristic tech right there 
  • XariylXariyl Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Is there a way to stop the desktop app from randomly launching itself? I'll be sitting here watching a YouTube video and the Oculus desktop app launches itself with no input from me. If I try to close it before it's finished loading completely, it immediately reopens itself. I had turned off the Automatic Updates thinking that might help, but so far it hasn't made a difference. Any ideas?

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    Xariyl said:
    Is there a way to stop the desktop app from randomly launching itself? I'll be sitting here watching a YouTube video and the Oculus desktop app launches itself with no input from me. If I try to close it before it's finished loading completely, it immediately reopens itself. I had turned off the Automatic Updates thinking that might help, but so far it hasn't made a difference. Any ideas?

You turn on run as admin i believe. This stops it opening in steam so maybe will have the same effect.

You will need to open it when needed
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • F4CEpa1mF4CEpa1m Posts: 153
    Art3mis
    Xariyl said:

Hi mate, is that when your just using the normal computer screen or when you're in VR?

If not in VR The only thing I can think of is the Oculus app opens automatically  when the Rift is put on, OR if the sensor inside the Rifts headset has something that covers it (the headset thinks you just put it on). Do you have anything blocking the sensor on the inside of the Rift HMD?