cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should AtariVR be banned again?

elboffor
Consultant
Just wondering what peoples opinions are.

Anonymous poll btw
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
106 REPLIES 106

Anonymous
Not applicable

kojack said:

I've never seen The Invaders, but I'm a huge fan of UFO (another english scifi series from the 70's (set in the high tech future of 1980).

It still stands as an excellent serious alien invasion show even today. Although the outfits were crazy (all the women in the moon base had to wear purple wigs, the submarine uniforms were transparent mesh shirts, except for the captain who had a leather jacket that looked like it was made from a car seat, etc).

It was made by Gerry Anderson, who also made Thunderbirds. It was live action, but all the vehicle stuff was Thunderbirds style model work. Sylvia Anderson did the wardrobe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvURidpkCY

I LOVED that show! I'm a HUGE sci-fi nut and always have been. That was also a 6pm slot on BBC 2. So many great sci-fi programmes in that slot over the years - The Invaders, Space 1999, UFO, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Stingray, Joe 90, Star Fleet, Terrahawks, Star Trek TOS, Star Trek TNG, DS9, Star Trek Voyager, Sliders.

Kids have FUCK ALL worth watching these days imo, the 70s, 80s and 90s were so good for sci-fi programmes.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Atmos73 said:

I'm still looking for a girl with eyebrows like Maya

jsb6q9w46ny6.jpg

This is how the front of my torso looks after three nights of straight partying. I'll let you know next time and you can come french kiss my belly button  :#

kojack
MVP
MVP
Hell yeah, I grew up with Space 1999. Awesome intro theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLAsBzOOhLQ

It was also made by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson.

Plus, most importantly:
tf7epbniqp90.jpg
🙂  Commander Koenig rocked!

Unfortunately, the DVD release was messed up. The episodes weren't in order!
The first dvd episode: The moon is pushed away from the earth and starts drifting. Staff of Moon Base Alpha barely survive.
Second dvd episode: Moon base alpha has been drifting for many years.
Third dvd episode: Continuation of the first episode, everyone trying to survive the initial event.

It really messed up my enthusiasm for watching it.

There was so much good scifi (or bad but enjoyable scifi, like Buck Rogers) that just isn't seen anymore, unless you are lucky enough to find a dvd release.

Not scifi, but at the moment I'm watching the box set of The Professionals. 70's british police drama. Another great intro theme. 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55gpif0a0P8

Some UFO uniforms:
Moon base staff:
2wtobbt07rpw.jpg
Submarine crew:
jvgqxe89xl32.jpg
Submarine captain in his car seat upholstery jacket:v0acx2y91iox.jpg

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

vannagirl
Consultant
Whoa

So this is where the name Martin Landau came from
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

vannagirl said:

Whoa

So this is where the name Martin Landau came from

Yes, and the truth is that the first time I was accused of being Martin Landau on this forum, I had no idea it was in reference to a forum troll. I literally thought I was being accused of being a really old guy with an extensive acting career 😘

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I feel like I missed out on so much being a 70's baby and not a teenager!
WAAAGH!

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Morgrum said:

I feel like I missed out on so much being a 70's baby and not a teenager!

Better to be born later than earlier. You can always catch up on the good stuff that came before your time, but you'll never get a glimpse at the amazing stuff that comes along after your time runs out!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I'm a 70s baby and I didn't miss out, although I was born in 71. All of these programmes here in the UK were broadcast on BBC 2 at 6pm throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s.

Luckily my Dad loved all of these programmes too so me and my brother were able to watch them all, I knew some kids that weren't able to watch them because their Dads insisted on watching the 6 O'Clock news on BBC 1 (I think it was BBC 1, might have been ITV).

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
I voted YES cos I work in the local nut farm and have just arranged a nice soft padded cell for him... also..ive only just arranged a "nice chat" with the local shrinks for him. ...ive managed to talk the shrinks out of the electroshock therapy treatment ... so it should be just a "semi short stay while they sort him out"

vannagirl
Consultant
Semi short??

Stop being so cruel to snowdog!!!
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are.