cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 13 Still No Chromecast Feature

llluminus
Honored Guest
Day 13 and still no Chromecast feature anywhere. Am I missing something? I've seen the app update multiple times since my last post, but I've searched everywhere for cast button but can't find it. Where is the button supposed to be located? I can cast to the chromecast with Google Home, but I would really love to use the Oculus casting feature.
20 REPLIES 20

darwinsrat
Honored Guest
Bought the Chromecast to stream gear to the TV but no button to cast my content in Oculus. Is there going to be an update for this? Be patient?

Galaxy 8+
Android 7
Gear VR
Google Home     1.24.33.6
Oculus       3.13.0.14.118

cybereality
Grand Champion
Really sorry, we are looking into the issue. Feel free to submit a support ticket.
https://tickets.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

llluminus
Honored Guest
Day 30 and still no chromecast. I'm starting to question if somewhere in the past month I've accidentally opened a portal to an alternate universe where I am now trapped in. A alternate universe where Oculus chromecast feature doesn't exist. Come to think of it, that one morning when I woke up something didn't seem right, I woke up and craved green tea instead of coffee. I'm beginning to question everything, is the cake really just a lie?

spawn026
Honored Guest
I'm with you. I get updates regularly and still no Casting. It's silly not to provide the files or the build numbers with this feature

madmaus
Explorer
Oculus disables the function due to known issues. 
Not sure what issue and when they enable it again. 

llluminus
Honored Guest
Day Unknown. I have begun to losing track of time now. However, I have made contact with an official who goes by Winston. Information is unconfirmed as sources are saying feature is disabled but the official statement is that it's still being rolled out:

Winston (Oculus Support)

Jun 30, 11:13 AM PDT

Hi, 

Thanks for contacting Oculus Support today.

Support for Chromecast will be rolled out over weeks or months for users. Because of this, we can't give you a specific time frame as to when you will get it.

When you do receive Chromecast, you can find information on using it with your Gear VR by clicking here.

You can also check out the Oculus Blog for updates and new releases. If you would like to take a look, please click here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Winston
Oculus Support

I no longer believe anything I read or see...

madmaus
Explorer
Second line told me last week:

Thanks for your patience while this ticket was reviewed and escalated to me.

We currently disabled Chromecast due to a known issue. We are working on a fix and hope to have it back up for everyone shortly.

Thank you for your understanding and have a wonderful weekend. 

Oculus Support

and just now this email:

At this time we do not have a specific date or time when it will be fixed.

I am sorry I couldn't provide more details about it but hopefully it will be resolve very soon.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Oculus Support

cybereality
Grand Champion
This is the latest update here:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/54244/chromecasting-for-gear-vr-disabled/p1
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

madmaus
Explorer
The chromecast option is back in my oculus

There was an update on my galaxy S7 but I doubt it is related to the chromecast. 

GCRAVER
Honored Guest
Galaxy S7
Android 7.0
Oculus App 3.14.0.31.188
Australia

Just updated everything I can - No ChromeCast Option