cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update Oculus App

MSLOLA15
Honored Guest
HELP!!!! I tried to update Oculus and it won't update. I went to the Google Play Store to update and I don't see Oculus listed. How am I suppose to update the app? When I click on the app on my Galaxy S7 all it does is attempt to update and goes back to the screen and ask to update app.

I'm afraid to uninstall because I don't see the Oculus app in the Play Store to reinstall. Will someone please provide some options on how to update? I can't use the Gear VR because the app won't update. So frustrated....
49 REPLIES 49

Marulo1983
Honored Guest
I got it lads, sound stupid but try this:
-go to settings and reduce the font size ( i put the second smallest)
-restart the phone
-go to oculus and you will find the button for the update!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry about that. You may need to reduce your Android font size to normal in order to update the application. We will be resolving the issue shortly, but that is the work-around for the time being. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

drfhouston
Honored Guest
I found out the problem. Resolution is to large on the phone. Oculus has you enlarge to use the VR but when you go to use your phone it is too big to see the whole screen. when I realize it I changed the resolution and there was the update button at the bottom of the screen. Problem solved.

aliasboots
Honored Guest
While anticipating Cylindrical TimeWarp Layers update to Oculus Home I received a Oculus Engine update but that was it... anyone had similar experience?

Robrrr
Honored Guest
after plugging into the head set it said to unplug and update oculus software following the guide.  Unfortunately every time I try it will not allow the 4 updates.  It just comes back to the original update screen and says update.  Anyone have a solution?

uduck66
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue.  Can't get the 4 updates.  Let my phone sit for 15 minutes and nothing happened. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Feel free to submit a support ticket. Thanks.
https://support.oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has any solution been offered by Samsung or Oculus for this issue?
I've tried everything suggested here and on other forums to no success.

I have submitted a ticket and am waiting for a response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE - Support suggested that I enable the Facebook App Manager and Facebook App Installer. This resolved the issue.

thisisbullshit
Honored Guest

UPDATE - Support suggested that I enable the Facebook App Manager and Facebook App Installer. This resolved the issue.

They
can't be serious???????
I have to load Facebook crap on my phone to make Oculus work???????
What is going through these idiot's minds. They push updates that brick the unit and you are then forced to load INSECURE apps and sign up for garbage you don't want or need?

COULD BE TIME TO RE-EVALUATE THIS GARBAGE SUPPLIER!
Oculus GearVR - Pfffft!