cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arktika.1 - Release Day - 10/10/2017

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Hi there, really excited for this game, is anyone else waiting for this game too? And do we know a release date, price, game mechanics etc?

Thanks in advance.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!
146 REPLIES 146

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
I'm actually not arguing, all I am saying is that free locomotion is more immersive. If you wish to debate any further I'm sorry I will not go further then that statement. Have a good night 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Well that's fine, you are free to prefer Locomotion over Teleportation. But you did wrongfully accuse me of saying something that I never even implied.

n3cr0-0
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

Well that's fine, you are free to prefer Locomotion over Teleportation. But you did wrongfully accuse me of saying something that I never even implied.

wow you are really hung up on that statement "that's great you think teleportation is the future" Well you know Zenbane I would feel so guilty if you would lose sleep over something soooo insignificant so how about I offer you an official apology. I am sooooo sorry to offend you with such carelessness.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

n3cr0-0 said:

Zenbane said:

wow you are really hung up on that statement "that's great you think teleportation is the future" Well you know Zenbane I would feel so guilty if you would lose sleep over something soooo insignificant so how about I offer you an official apology. I am sooooo sorry to offend you with such carelessness.

lol - The only reason I'm mentioning that statement is because you were trying to say that you are not arguing, which is a direct contradiction with your actual actions.

Simply put, if you are not trying to argue then you shouldn't be trying to falsely accuse someone of things never stated nor implied.  😄

Besides, why on Earth would I be offended by someone who resorts to making things up in a discussion? That tends to make me happy, to be honest haha

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Now to get this poor topic back on track... going back to the Edge of Nowhere comparison:

n3cr0-0 said:

I so Fawking loved that game! When I first saw the announcement I thought to myself that VR should always be first person view, but the story line lured me in without regret ❤️

Just like complainers flooded this forum when Edge of Nowhere was released with a fixed camera position, people like myself and n3cr0-0 "fawking loved" it anyway. And just like Raw Data was released first on Steam for the HTC Vive with a purely teleport system... yet folks on Reddit praised it and over 1,000 Steam Reviews were overwhelmingly positive. And just like Robo Recall was released for the Oculus Rift as a Teleport-only game, yet was an instant hit with immediate community DLC via Mods.

Just like all that can happen... so can Arktika do quite well despite seemingly based primarily on Teleportation movement.

The combination of "fixed camera position and 3rd person view" in Edge of Nowhere didn't break immersion for some people. In much the same way Teleportation didn't break immersion for Raw Data, Call of the Starseed, and Robo Recall.

Free-movement games are fantastic as well. But having a different movement mechanic shouldn't cause instant distress or anxiety. Much like strategy games that are real-time, like StarCraft, can co-exist along those that are turn-based, like Lords of the Realm.

Applecorp
Rising Star

MowTin said:

I suspect that the nodal  teleportation system will not be well received. I'm not  excited because of this issue. 

Oh FFS, really? I didn't know this until now. Oh well there goes another game I won't be buying. May as well sell the Rift at this rate.

pyroth309
Visionary
If 4A games lives up to their usual quality, I don't think nodal teleport system will matter much. The Metro series was fantastic despite the combat, not because of it. 4A games are great story tellers and they're great at creating atmosphere. If they stay along the lines of what made the Metro series so good this game should be great. But, every game company lays an egg at some point, hopefully this won't be theirs because it looks great so far. 

n3cr0-0
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

lol - The only reason I'm mentioning that statement is because you were trying to say that you are not arguing, which is a direct contradiction with your actual actions.

Now you are assuming my intentions which could be taken as wild accusations as well. If I were to assume your intentions it would seem to me that you are just looking for an internet argument, which would be how you say "juvenile".

Zenbane said:

Simply put, if you are not trying to argue then you shouldn't be trying to falsely accuse someone of things never stated nor implied.  😄

You mean not to carelessly assume things because of your actions? Seems to me that you are praising teleport pretty heavily.

Zenbane said:
Besides, why on Earth would I be offended by someone who resorts to making things up in a discussion? That tends to make me happy, to be honest haha

Then I ask, Why are you so focused on it?

If you hadn't noticed my apology was wildly sarcastic and tbh my opinion of you just plummeted considering the tactics you are now using and easily supersede any as you say "accusations" I may have typed. This post that I quoted is a contradiction in itself.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm going to start putting my replies to n3cr0-0 in Spoiler tags in order to reduce the pollution in an otherwise good thread

n3cr0-0 said:

Now you are assuming my intentions which could be taken as wild accusations as well.

Wrong. I pointed out two facts: 1) You literally said, "I'm actually not arguing," and; 2) You accused me of saying something I never even implied.

I then pointed out that those two things are contradictory, and now you're saying I'm making wild accusations. Round and round the crazy n3cr0-0 wheel goes 😄

n3cr0-0 said:
You mean not to carelessly assume things because of your actions? Seems to me that you are praising teleport pretty heavily.

I never actually praised Teleportation, I praised specific games that were great despite having that movement mechanic. I compared that to user reviews on Steam that also praise "the games." I even went as far as to compare your own praising of Edge of Nowhere despite the fact that it is "fixed position camera in the 3rd person."

So you didn't make a bad assumption based on my actions, you made a bad assumption based on your inability to understand some fairly basic concepts.

n3cr0-0 said:
Then I ask, Why are you so focused on it?

Because you can't seem to shaddap about it? You keep talking about it so here we are. Instead of admitting you were wrong and moving back on topic you instead choose to keep whining while digging your hole deeper.

n3cr0-0 said:
If you hadn't noticed my apology was wildly sarcastic and tbh my opinion of you just plummeted considering the tactics you are now using and easily supersede any as you say "accusations" I may have typed.

My confidence that you are capable of comprehending anything sensible is at absolute zero based on everything you've typed after you started lying B)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

pyroth309 said:

If 4A games lives up to their usual quality, I don't think nodal teleport system will matter much. The Metro series was fantastic despite the combat, not because of it. 4A games are great story tellers and they're great at creating atmosphere. If they stay along the lines of what made the Metro series so good this game should be great. But, every game company lays an egg at some point, hopefully this won't be theirs because it looks great so far. 

Yes, precisely. Similar to Raw Data and Robo Recall, the player can easily lose themselves in the game and the Teleportation mechanic becomes second nature.

I have yet to try Raw Data, but I nearly beat Robo Recall in one sitting. After some 5 straight hours of gaming, the fact that I was teleporting around didn't even register anymore. Sometimes I'd teleport to locations without even really looking (cause I was so busy beating down robots with their own limbs).