cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.16 Rift Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Features:
    • Mixed reality capture: We've begun adding support for developers who want to create videos and content that merges live footage of people using Rift and Touch with VR footage from their apps. It may be a little while before you see the end results, since mixed reality requires developers to take several steps including updating their apps and setting up an extra Touch controller as a trackable VR Object before recording the footage, but we're excited about the future.
    • Oculus apps and software updates: We redesigned the interface and the technical process for updates to give you more information and control over each update. You'll have access to release notes to find out what's new in each update, and the interface is now clearer and easier to use.
    • Issue reporting: You can now report an issue directly from within the Oculus software, to help us make future improvements. Note that you should still contact Oculus Support directly if you're having an ongoing issue.
    • Environments: Environments change the look of Oculus Home. The next time you enter Oculus Home after updating the Oculus software, you'll see the new Cityscape environment. If you wish, you can switch back to the Classic Oculus Home, and we'll be adding more environments later.
    • Friends: If your friends choose to let you know, you'll now see whether your Oculus friends and Facebook friends are using Rift or Gear VR.
    • Language support: You'll now be able to choose one of four supported languages when initially setting up Rift and Touch.
    • Oculus Store: We've started supporting 360º-only content. We'll tell which games are 360º-only, and even alert you if you're about to purchase this content and we don't recognize your setup to have 360º tracking configured. Also added full-screen screenshots for apps.
  • Bug fixes:
    • Oculus software on your computer: Fixed an issue with window scaling.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
132 REPLIES 132

gamersbubu
Explorer
I've done further research into this problem and it seems that its a windows problem.  Something is terribly wrong here @Greyman.  Its not just the error either, as it does affect things like tracking in oculus home.  So...

dcyphure
Protege
Still no shortcuts. I'm probably the only one that keeps complaining about this but I think the ability to shortcut other games and apps like Steam does is seriously needed here. The store front inside Home could stand to be a little more navigational friendly with an option to view more videos and pictures available. There are many games where I had to Google for more information, pictures or video..it's all just a bit too basic and a simple "View more" link would be appreciated. 5 pics and a video doesn't always tell me much.

mphotog
Explorer
I have 1.16 and now I have no sound in the main menu, the mic does not work, the fire place , the cubes don't go up. I have sound during my games though. Does anyone know which is the fixed 1.16?

Greyman
Superstar

I've done further research into this problem and it seems that its a windows problem.  Something is terribly wrong here @Greyman.  Its not just the error either, as it does affect things like tracking in oculus home.  So...

Is there any indication of a solution, as even though i have managed to get rid of it previously, a subsequent Oculus update, or at least an attempt at an update, now has me beaten?

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer

Ya, I would like to know if there is a solution to this as well. 
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

mphotog
Explorer
I have sound in Main Menu again, maybe a quark

Greyman
Superstar
I did a search for a solution and perhaps not surprising, with hindsight, this very forum threw up the solution:-

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/39676/win-10-driver-error-in-control-panel/p1

Thanks to a couple of the BIOS Settings identified in the post by @Gloozy, namely the disabling of the Legacy USB support and disabling of the fast startup, my USB errors on startup have ceased and the Rift is showing properly as a USB 3.0 device again.

Thanks @Gloozy.  I can go back to feeding my flight sim obsession now. 🙂 

gamersbubu
Explorer

Greyman said:

I did a search for a solution and perhaps not surprising, with hindsight, this very forum threw up the solution:-

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/39676/win-10-driver-error-in-control-panel/p1

Thanks to a couple of the BIOS Settings identified in the post by @Gloozy, namely the disabling of the Legacy USB support and disabling of the fast startup, my USB errors on startup have ceased and the Rift is showing properly as a USB 3.0 device again.

Thanks @Gloozy.  I can go back to feeding my flight sim obsession now. 🙂 

Gloozy may have a workaround for some people, so kudos.  But, this is a problem that extends much deeper than that.  I have been working on the usbhub3.inf file and I've made some tweaks that should work for everyone with this problem.  It is a Microsoft issue too -- I can say that with certainty.  I'll keep testing for a few more reboots to make sure it works this time and then I will share the fix.

gamersbubu
Explorer
In order to fix this problem of the usb sensors causing the usbhub3.inf to do some weird stuff and casuing windows to throw the erroneous error code 31 you need to do a few things.  Firstly, you need to find the file usbhub3.inf which controls the usbxhci stuff and generic usb 3.0 and 2.0 stuff.  So, its nothing to do with legacy vs modern usb specs.  The lines to edit are as follows:  [Generic.AddService]
                                                                                        ErrorControl = 0  
That is it. After that, you just need to save; set the permissions of the file to save it or windows will bitch.  If you have done those things successfully you can move on.  Lastly, you need to go into device manager to the rift sensors and turn off the radio button that says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.  Do that for both of them and restart your computer.  You shouldn't have that error 31 crap pop up or affect anything again, but if you do replay to me and we will change more stuff.

Greyman
Superstar
"... set the permissions of the file to save it or windows will bitch"

Please forgive me for being a Win 10 numpty, but how would i change the permissions.  If it is the file in the \Windows\INF folder, the permissions appear to be very reluctant to be amended.

Edit: never mind, i figured it out thanks