cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update Oculus App

MSLOLA15
Honored Guest
HELP!!!! I tried to update Oculus and it won't update. I went to the Google Play Store to update and I don't see Oculus listed. How am I suppose to update the app? When I click on the app on my Galaxy S7 all it does is attempt to update and goes back to the screen and ask to update app.

I'm afraid to uninstall because I don't see the Oculus app in the Play Store to reinstall. Will someone please provide some options on how to update? I can't use the Gear VR because the app won't update. So frustrated....
49 REPLIES 49

thisisbullshit
Honored Guest
Updates have bricked the goggles.... All I get is "Oculus has crashed" again and again, great.
Inbetween crashes it tells me to enable wifi which I don't have in order to upgrade Oculus.
So I go to friend's house with wifi and get EXACTLY the same messages appear in my bricked goggles.
This is absolutely ridiculous as there is no upgrade path to rectify this. I raised a case but feel this will simply be ignored.
The software developers responsible for this shamozzle should be ashamed of themselves as should the managers that hired them in the first place. This should be totally EMBARRASSING for Oculus and all staff and companies associated with them.
The last time the device was bricked I put it back in the box and didn't bother pulling them out for several months and by then they fixed that particular upgrade path and it started working again. Is that the case again, wait several months for these clowns to fix it?
I would like a refund on the hardware as well as all the apps I have purchased but what are the chances of that happening - Zilch!

This is like amateur hour at the preschool pantomime! Sheesh.

A very unhappy Oculus customer.

Kamau54
Honored Guest
Im having a similar problem, except I see and use the update button. It goes through all the downloads, but once it finishes, it comes back to the update page. I have tried multiple uninstalls/reinstalls, rebooting, and clearing cache. Nothing works. 
I have a Samsung Note5, running 7.0, non-rooted. 

philfrndz
Honored Guest

Kamau54 said:

Im having a similar problem, except I see and use the update button. It goes through all the downloads, but once it finishes, it comes back to the update page. I have tried multiple uninstalls/reinstalls, rebooting, and clearing cache. Nothing works. 
I have a Samsung Note5, running 7.0, non-rooted. 

I have the exact same situation (Samsung Note 5 running 7.0 as well). I have ensured that the facebook app/installer is enabled when updating and tried cache clearing etc but still no fix

bosdev
Honored Guest
Same for me - unable to update. Tried Facebook trick but nothing working. Client not happy.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same for me - unable to update. Tried Facebook trick but nothing working. Client not happy.

SuperSnowboardS
Honored Guest
Appears I'm having a simillar problem. Check out this post
 https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/55224/oculus-wont-update-and-is-crashing-when-trying

GearyVirtual
Honored Guest
Pity that didnt help either.
Just bought the gear today. exactly the same problem, looping installer. It just doesn't work at all. Have a Samsung s7

GearyVirtual
Honored Guest
wait a second, it does work. switch on not just the facebook app manager, but also the facebook app installer from te system apps!!!

richviolenta
Honored Guest
Same problem. This is so disappointing. 

Yuxuanpan
Honored Guest
who can fix this shet

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?