cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Players ability to kick other players like in onward should be banned.

inovator
Consultant
I bought onward which is challenging to learn. Loading reloading etc. I spent time practicing and I was ok but nowhere near good enough to survive that long. It takes practice. But when you have players that act like they are God's gift to humanity and kick u before u can begin to learn this game it's not right. (What a bunch of dicks) a game like this should only be allowed if there was a rating system so at least newbies can have some fun and learn this game. Even though I played for over 2 hours steam was nice enough to give me a refund.
101 REPLIES 101

Jamesparker_1
Expert Protege
Isn't their a coop element that is coming out soon? That and a single player campaign would allow us noobies a bit of time to learn the game before getting into multiplayer.

vannagirl
Consultant
Playing with Amigos you know or have on list helps early on

I recommend Pavlov though its pretty fun, coming from Milsims i found its communty pretty coolio and game play satisfying

I think it is still in the steam sale
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

inovator
Consultant
Thanks for the recommendation. 

inovator
Consultant
Thanks for the suggestion atmos but the players were way to snooty. I'm going to try pavlov.but thats a fantastic idea having an area dedicated to newbies. 

jayhawk
Superstar

inovator said:

Thanks for the suggestion atmos but the players were way to snooty. I'm going to try pavlov.but thats a fantastic idea having an area dedicated to newbies. 

Or even better skill based matchmaking, but then that introduces a few more problems. One being it divides the player base, making it harder to find games. Second, I'm sure it would be no small task, especially for a single programmer. Dedicated areas for newbies just have problems written all over it. What determines you're a newbie and for how long? How do you keep experienced players out of newbie areas? I

Net has become so toxic now devs are having to find ways to get people to play together, but not give too many freedoms for abuse. Voice chat on consoles is mostly silent now, and understandably. The PVP I still play I refuse to use the mic. They could take away the ability to kick players, but then it introduces problems it's designed to solve. Allow kicking players and it will get abused. Create a voting system to kick then it really hits where it hurts because you know everyone had to collectively vote you out. You'd probably quit playing and that's what devs don't want.

I've already written this game off because of similar threads.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Yep so many mp games are ruined by toxic community. I will never play dota 2 again due to that reason.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

inovator
Consultant
Yup they say they may have single player. I will never by that game as it is a toxic community. They should not allow players to be kicked based on ability alone
 If they do a patch allowing all players I probably would buy it again. Verbally I can defend myself.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I'm a bit shy meeting strangers online and cannot quip like I do here or at work and I bought onward as a recommendation on my steam credit thread. Played the tutorial videos had a blast on the range. Ventured onto MP and abused after 2 games. Another game now sits idle.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

inovator
Consultant
That's the point they are a bunch of ass clowns. I hope that game fails in the end