cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Players ability to kick other players like in onward should be banned.

inovator
Consultant
I bought onward which is challenging to learn. Loading reloading etc. I spent time practicing and I was ok but nowhere near good enough to survive that long. It takes practice. But when you have players that act like they are God's gift to humanity and kick u before u can begin to learn this game it's not right. (What a bunch of dicks) a game like this should only be allowed if there was a rating system so at least newbies can have some fun and learn this game. Even though I played for over 2 hours steam was nice enough to give me a refund.
101 REPLIES 101

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Well I hope the game doesn't but there should be a class system imo
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

That's the point they are a bunch of ass clowns. I hope that game fails in the end

Well I'm torn here...

On one hand, I'm not a fan of Onward and kinda laugh at the fact that speed hacks are letting griefers run around unchecked.

On the other hand, @inovator likes to troll the forum with anti-Oculus and anti-Facebook rhetoric, so I'm also glad that he was griefed by legit players in Onward.

I must think on this.

inovator
Consultant
Let's be clear I'm not anti oculus or Facebook. I have a Facebook account. I'm just not a fanboy.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

Let's be clear I'm not anti oculus or Facebook. I have a Facebook account.

HTC and Valve have Facebook accounts as well,  so that aint no kinda argument.

Your post history as definitely very anti-Oculus.

Anyway, regarding Onward:
If this game griefed you so hard that you not only asked for a refund, but also made a new thread on a separate forum to complain about both the game and the legit skillful users... then I do believe that is the single best advertising I've read for any VR game thus far.

I'm buying it!

inovator
Consultant
It is so peace when zenbanes not around. I was enjoying interacting with members up until now. Zenbane came back seeming  more at peace. It doesn't seem like he got the help he needs. How sad. Maybe oculus will baker act him and pay for the help he receives. That would be an act of kindness.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

inovator said:

It is so peace when zenbanes not around.

I can easily argue that this place is more peaceful when you're not around considering you prefer making posts like this:
"Oculus (fb) needs a business course. Oculus is being dumb."
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/54241/oculus-fb-needs-a-business-course/p1

So that we are clear: you come to an Oculus community to say that Oculus is being dumb, and then you come to the same community complaining that the Onward community made you feel dumb.

Instead of complaining about my reaction to your antics, maybe you should try to learn a bit from the situation. Maybe if you hadn't spent so much time trying to make Oculus members feel dumb for enjoying their Oculus purchase... Onward members wouldn't have made you feel so bad that you demanded a refund.

The Universe is tricky that way.

Expediter
Expert Protege
@inovator

my experience with onward was the exact opposite! The community is amazingly friendly with the exception of a few bad eggs that you can't help but find. What time zone are you in ??? Maybe you play at a terrible time ???? 

Anyways Onward will be releasing a CO-OP patch soon that will allow you to play against AI in a mission based game mode. That will help a lot in terms of learning the weapons and ins and outs.  

I would be more then happy to teach you some ins and outs of onward, it is one of the best competitive games I have EVER played. 

PS. A stock is not essential, not one member of my team uses one and we are very competitive on the league. In fact we are in the championships

Expediter
Expert Protege
@Zenbane

there was a speed hack for onward that literally only lasted 2 days before the devs patched it out. They are amazing at anticheat implementation and work hard at stoping any exploit. It's unfair to spread missinformation on a subject you know nothing about. You don't even own the game and yet post on here that speedhacks are going unchecked!? 

Get the the game, play it, and tell me it's not a great game

inovator
Consultant
It may be a good community if u can play decently but a community that has no empathy for beginners. For example I have empathy for people that have few tools in the shed like zenbane (not u) who needs help my position on oculus: I have said many good things in the past about oculus and mark. He has the feel for the future of vr. I made a comment about a situation I feel they handled badly. I will say the good and the bad. I don't insult members on this forum unless I am attacked 1st. U can disagree and comment without being insulting. I'll tell u what zenbane let's see if u can disagree with me without throwing an insult. Example: let's say I say something u can't stand that I said about oculus or whatever. Give the reason why and say something like I agree to disagree. Etc.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Even if the speed hack was prevalent, it wouldn't really bother me anyway. The only reason I honestly have not bought Onward yet is because I still have two sensors. But I plan to get a third sensor this week, possibly today. I'm going to buy a second set of touch controllers so that I have a backup pair and I get that third sensor without having to wait for it to be delivered in the mail.

And I am being serious when I say that this thread was a big selling point for me. Prior to this the only community members that would advertise for this game are people who I never really get along with. So I've never been inclined to get it based on their word. But now there's this thread, it basically says that this is a game where players can truly hone their skills to the point that their elitism causes instant grief. That's kinda awesome.