New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Players ability to kick other players like in onward should be banned.

inovatorinovator Posts: 2,228 Valuable Player
edited July 2017 in General
I bought onward which is challenging to learn. Loading reloading etc. I spent time practicing and I was ok but nowhere near good enough to survive that long. It takes practice. But when you have players that act like they are God's gift to humanity and kick u before u can begin to learn this game it's not right. (What a bunch of dicks) a game like this should only be allowed if there was a rating system so at least newbies can have some fun and learn this game. Even though I played for over 2 hours steam was nice enough to give me a refund.

Comments

• Jamesparker_1Jamesparker_1 Posts: 110
    Art3mis
    Isn't their a coop element that is coming out soon? That and a single player campaign would allow us noobies a bit of time to learn the game before getting into multiplayer.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,006 Valuable Player
    Playing with Amigos you know or have on list helps early on

I recommend Pavlov though its pretty fun, coming from Milsims i found its communty pretty coolio and game play satisfying

I think it is still in the steam sale
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • inovatorinovator Posts: 2,228 Valuable Player
    Thanks for the recommendation. 
    Thanks for the suggestion atmos but the players were way to snooty. I'm going to try pavlov.but thats a fantastic idea having an area dedicated to newbies. 
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 824
    3Jane
    edited July 2017
    inovator said:
    Thanks for the suggestion atmos but the players were way to snooty. I'm going to try pavlov.but thats a fantastic idea having an area dedicated to newbies. 

Or even better skill based matchmaking, but then that introduces a few more problems. One being it divides the player base, making it harder to find games. Second, I'm sure it would be no small task, especially for a single programmer. Dedicated areas for newbies just have problems written all over it. What determines you're a newbie and for how long? How do you keep experienced players out of newbie areas? I

Net has become so toxic now devs are having to find ways to get people to play together, but not give too many freedoms for abuse. Voice chat on consoles is mostly silent now, and understandably. The PVP I still play I refuse to use the mic. They could take away the ability to kick players, but then it introduces problems it's designed to solve. Allow kicking players and it will get abused. Create a voting system to kick then it really hits where it hurts because you know everyone had to collectively vote you out. You'd probably quit playing and that's what devs don't want.

I've already written this game off because of similar threads.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,136 Valuable Player
    Yep so many mp games are ruined by toxic community. I will never play dota 2 again due to that reason.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Yup they say they may have single player. I will never by that game as it is a toxic community. They should not allow players to be kicked based on ability alone
     If they do a patch allowing all players I probably would buy it again. Verbally I can defend myself.
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    I'm a bit shy meeting strangers online and cannot quip like I do here or at work and I bought onward as a recommendation on my steam credit thread. Played the tutorial videos had a blast on the range. Ventured onto MP and abused after 2 games. Another game now sits idle.
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

That's the point they are a bunch of ass clowns. I hope that game fails in the end
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    Well I hope the game doesn't but there should be a class system imo
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Let's be clear I'm not anti oculus or Facebook. I have a Facebook account. I'm just not a fanboy.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,890 Valuable Player
    edited July 2017
    inovator said:
    Let's be clear I'm not anti oculus or Facebook. I have a Facebook account.
    HTC and Valve have Facebook accounts as well,  so that aint no kinda argument.

Your post history as definitely very anti-Oculus.

Anyway, regarding Onward:
    If this game griefed you so hard that you not only asked for a refund, but also made a new thread on a separate forum to complain about both the game and the legit skillful users... then I do believe that is the single best advertising I've read for any VR game thus far.

I'm buying it!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    It is so peace when zenbanes not around. I was enjoying interacting with members up until now. Zenbane came back seeming  more at peace. It doesn't seem like he got the help he needs. How sad. Maybe oculus will baker act him and pay for the help he receives. That would be an act of kindness.
    inovator said:
    It is so peace when zenbanes not around.
    I can easily argue that this place is more peaceful when you're not around considering you prefer making posts like this:
    "Oculus (fb) needs a business course. Oculus is being dumb."
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/54241/oculus-fb-needs-a-business-course/p1

So that we are clear: you come to an Oculus community to say that Oculus is being dumb, and then you come to the same community complaining that the Onward community made you feel dumb.

Instead of complaining about my reaction to your antics, maybe you should try to learn a bit from the situation. Maybe if you hadn't spent so much time trying to make Oculus members feel dumb for enjoying their Oculus purchase... Onward members wouldn't have made you feel so bad that you demanded a refund.

The Universe is tricky that way.
  • ExpediterExpediter Posts: 113
    Art3mis
    edited July 2017
    @inovator

my experience with onward was the exact opposite! The community is amazingly friendly with the exception of a few bad eggs that you can't help but find. What time zone are you in ??? Maybe you play at a terrible time ???? 

Anyways Onward will be releasing a CO-OP patch soon that will allow you to play against AI in a mission based game mode. That will help a lot in terms of learning the weapons and ins and outs.  

I would be more then happy to teach you some ins and outs of onward, it is one of the best competitive games I have EVER played. 

PS. A stock is not essential, not one member of my team uses one and we are very competitive on the league. In fact we are in the championships
    Art3mis
    @Zenbane

there was a speed hack for onward that literally only lasted 2 days before the devs patched it out. They are amazing at anticheat implementation and work hard at stoping any exploit. It's unfair to spread missinformation on a subject you know nothing about. You don't even own the game and yet post on here that speedhacks are going unchecked!? 

Get the the game, play it, and tell me it's not a great game
    It may be a good community if u can play decently but a community that has no empathy for beginners. For example I have empathy for people that have few tools in the shed like zenbane (not u) who needs help my position on oculus: I have said many good things in the past about oculus and mark. He has the feel for the future of vr. I made a comment about a situation I feel they handled badly. I will say the good and the bad. I don't insult members on this forum unless I am attacked 1st. U can disagree and comment without being insulting. I'll tell u what zenbane let's see if u can disagree with me without throwing an insult. Example: let's say I say something u can't stand that I said about oculus or whatever. Give the reason why and say something like I agree to disagree. Etc.
    Even if the speed hack was prevalent, it wouldn't really bother me anyway. The only reason I honestly have not bought Onward yet is because I still have two sensors. But I plan to get a third sensor this week, possibly today. I'm going to buy a second set of touch controllers so that I have a backup pair and I get that third sensor without having to wait for it to be delivered in the mail.

And I am being serious when I say that this thread was a big selling point for me. Prior to this the only community members that would advertise for this game are people who I never really get along with. So I've never been inclined to get it based on their word. But now there's this thread, it basically says that this is a game where players can truly hone their skills to the point that their elitism causes instant grief. That's kinda awesome.
    Glad I could help.
    Art3mis
    @inovator

no , when I started I sucked. And people were so nice And the time to tech me stuff. I swear you must have played at a bad time!  Every time I meet a new player I always take some time to show them some stuff.

The problem with ONWARD is ... over 60% of the community is in the league lol so everyone is starting to be EXTREMELY good at the game. 

In fact onward is having its first world championships with a sponsorship prize for the winners. Over 30 teams in the league now. Trust me this game is amazing and has a lot of amazing people ! Join the discord , get the game back and I will personally teach you some stuff that will make you love this game !  
    inovator said:
    I will say the good and the bad. I don't insult members on this forum unless I am attacked 1st. U can disagree and comment without being insulting. I'll tell u what zenbane let's see if u can disagree with me without throwing an insult.
    I say the good and the bad too. You just can't handle the bad, right?

You seem to say more bad that good. You definitely make personal attacks first (e.g. trying to insult my childhoold - lol). You rarely disagree in any sensible way, and immediately start using words like "clown" and "popcorn" when you have no proper rebuttal.

I always begin disagreeing with you without throwing insults; the problem is that the way I disagree tends to feel insulting. And the only way you can defend your position is to resort to calling me a "clown" with a "bad childhood" that "needs help" :D

Based on your perspective, a graphical representation of our forum relationship would be this:

But in reality, all I ever do is follow your lead. You set the tone and I just meet ya' there.

For example, personally I agree with the Oculus model of having exclusives and launching as a VR platform that wasn't instant plug-n-play for every other HMD on the market. I like the "premium" marketing strategy that Oculus entails. I don't want to invest in the Community Service version of VR, I want the Private Club that caters to those who like nicer more exotic things. If people prefer the HTC Vive model then go buy that product instead of complaining about the more premium approach Oculus takes.

There is profit to be made in exclusivity, and there's a valid intellectual business model that takes advantage of it. I think that's smart. So when someone like you walks in and says, "this business model is dumb, take a business course," you are in fact attempting to insult my way of thinking. I'm okay with that insult... but if you can't handle taking a bit of what you're trying to dish out, then you're probably gonna experience some grief.

Expediter said:
    The problem with ONWARD is ... over 60% of the community is in the league lol so everyone is starting to be EXTREMELY good at the game. 

In fact onward is having its first world championships with a sponsorship prize for the winners. Over 30 teams in the league now. Trust me this game is amazing and has a lot of amazing people ! Join the discord , get the game back and I will personally teach you some stuff that will make you love this game !  
    So do you think Onward could be the first VR game to finally make it on the E-Sports List??
    https://www.esportsearnings.com/tournaments

That's a milestone VR needs, stat.

I have said plenty of good. Let's see see who throws the 1st insult from here on. I challenge you.
    inovator said:
    I have said plenty of good. Let's see see who throws the 1st insult from here on. I challenge you.
    k
    Art3mis
    edited July 2017
    @Zenbane

absolutly. I bet next season will be. 
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,006 Valuable Player

I know right

You just have to
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,895 Valuable Player
    When I bought Onward all the players I played with were nice and patient while they taught me how to play.  I just suck at the game and get sick playing it.  That was way back when it came out, I hope things haven't changed.
    Art3mis
    @falken76

nothing has changed in my opinion in terms of community ( Dante continues to add great features and game modes to the game). There are obviously rude people everywhere but onward to me has so many great people to play with. I recommend everyone give it a shot.