cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Karnage Chronicles

Mwilliams78
Expert Protege
Wow was this ever a hidden gem. Just spent the last hour on this game and felt I had to stop playing to let people know how awesome it is.  For an early access title it feels very polished. Its a typical 1st person dungeon crawler rpg but everything is so well implemented and the attention to detail is spot on.  There was a drip from the ceiling I held my sword under it and it dripped of my sword, I waved my sword in the water and the water swirled. Silly little things I know but it shows how much effort the Dev put into this one. The graphics are great, full locomotion or telli, and the music is top notch.  Its only a taste for now but With co-op and full multiplayer support on the way,  more areas to explore this is definitely one ive got my eye on. If you played Vanishing realms this is very similar but improves on it in almost every way.
27 REPLIES 27

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer

merano2 said:

Do you need 3 sensors, or can you turn with your right stick?

The right stick will let you spin/turn and, you can click the left stick to run which is much needed battling the creatures..

merano2
Explorer
ok thx, sounds good. are there quests and how long is the playtime atm?

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
It doesn't look like there are quests just dungeon crawling and defeating enemies to gain loot and unlock passage to the next dungeon/level. As for playtime, I personally cannot say as I've only done the first cave on easy level and I saw three caves in my gameplay.Just looking at the steam reviews I'd say between 5-10 hours of gameplay in current state.

HiThere_
Superstar
I can't say either but I doubt there's already 5 hours of gameplay : Probably less (in easy mode).

And indeed the quests haven't been added yet : In fact the inventory hasn't been added yet, but it should be the next big patch.

Even in it's current state as a FPS, it's still my most promising early access dungeon crawler to have started in 2017.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
Just uploaded another video crawling Dungeon II - The little touches like pulling an arrow out of your "body" are awesome. @DanielMist you might be interested in what happens at the 11:58 mark :smile:
https://youtu.be/MdVJts2i6sI

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
Does it have a compelling story? The combat system looks much like that of Vanishing Realms, which I liked. But a decent story, which Vanishing Realms did not have, would boost its position in my wish-list much.

Thanks.

DanielMist
Protege
@SadGamerDad Thanks man! Already fixed it this morning, great find! It'll be in the next patch! Thank you again for your support!

@BrokenSymmetry Our combat is a bit more fast paced than Vanishing realms, we like to think of the game as more of an ARPG, we have a great story in place, however currently you only get a small snippet of it, with the content update that we are working on now, it goes much deeper. 
Nordic Trolls Art Director

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
I think I'm going to strike while the iron is hot and take on Dungeon III and post a video up tomorrow AM USA CST time.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
Well I was in the middle of taking on Dungeon III when my Dog knocked over a trip-pod that disconnected the Rift..  I tried getting it back but had to quit out of the game thus losing my progress. Got to start over tomorrow, too late and I'm worn out now. Normal difficulty level on the final level is quite a bit harder than easy on the first two.

DanielMist
Protege
Vid needs a shot of the doggy culprit! Looking forward to tomorrow man! 
Nordic Trolls Art Director