Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien Isolation VR Mod Is On Its Way!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup. That's right!

SO HAPPY!!!  😄

It's 85-90% ready for a first release so far, details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

😄 
276 REPLIES 276

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, I just read that as well.  I decided to grab the DLC that I didn't yet have for the game before the end of the Steam sale so I'll have some unplayed content to enjoy in VR.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
mm yeah, I love when people take VR and retrofit the sheit out of an older game with it.

Should be fun.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The conspiracy theorist in me is telling me that Sega haven't done this themselves because they don't want one of their games to be the first recorded VR related death lol  😄

I honestly can't understand why they didn't have this available on day one of both the Rift and Vive launching, it would have been a licence to print money and would have been VERY cheap to do. Same goes for Valve and Half Life 2 VR as well.  😮

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:
I honestly can't understand why they didn't have this available on day one of both the Rift and Vive launching, it would have been a licence to print money and would have been VERY cheap to do.

This was a pretty big debate here several months back. I think @nalex66 schooled everyone on the topic, iirc.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It's funny, the COO of Sega Europe teased an upcoming announcement last September, but there's been nothing said about it since. here's the quote for reference:
We’ve not announced anything, but we are very close to
making an announcement. We did Alien: Isolation about three years ago on
Oculus Rift, it was a demo that was bloody scary. To bring that back to
VR would be a dream and dreams can come true.
This user-made VR mod won't have tracked hands I don't think, but still, it's better than nothing. Looking forward to facing the xenomorph in VR again!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I got half way through Alien Isolation before my computer decided I needed a new motherboard. I was playing it with VorpX, so at-least this will give me some incentive to start from the beginning and play it again.

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
Now this is good.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
As if that game wasnt scary enough!
WAAAGH!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It's been almost three years since I faced the xenomorph in my DK2. It'll be really nice to get back in and try it on the CV1!