cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support is unacceptable

EscapeNet
Honored Guest
My email and problem to the support team.
"The left plastic side of the head was torn I have warranty *bought it in 11/2016) If you are not accept it plz give a solution"

Answer: 
Some parts can be purchased from the Oculus website; however, under the circumstances the break was on the harness and we do not sell replacement headsets individually. You'd need to purchase a new Oculus Rift.

You can purchase online, or you can visit one of our retail partners.

With regards to repairs we do not have a repair option available.

We're sorry we could not be of any further assistance; however, I hope that the information we provide will be of some assistance.
--------------------------
So if the head strap torn .....throw your rift in garbage..thats the support they give
Did anyone else had this problem on his Rift?(never fell down,never overplayed and was handled with care)

26 REPLIES 26

nalex66
MVP
MVP
If you believe that the damage should be covered by warranty (i.e. not due to mishandling, neglect, or abuse), then you should give more details to Support. Describe the problem more thoroughly, and send some photos of your headset.

If all you said to them was "The left plastic side of the head was torn I have warranty *bought it in 11/2016) If you are not accept it plz give a solution", then I can understand them concluding that you broke it yourself.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

EscapeNet
Honored Guest

nalex66 said:

If you believe that the damage should be covered by warranty (i.e. not due to mishandling, neglect, or abuse), then you should give more details to Support. Describe the problem more thoroughly, and send some photos of your headset.

If all you said to them was "The left plastic side of the head was torn I have warranty *bought it in 11/2016) If you are not accept it plz give a solution", then I can understand them concluding that you broke it yourself.

I have already send them photo.The plastic just broke when i tried to wear normally the headset.If the warranty is not covering this then they could tell me the cost to replace it and not tell me to throw it away.The rift is woking, Only the left plastic is somehow broken(not my fault but how to prove it)

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not in the office today, but I can check tomorrow. Can you send me a private message with your ticket number? If you did indeed buy it less that a year ago, then it should be covered under warranty. Unfortunately, repair service is not available, but I'll see what the options are. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

EscapeNet
Honored Guest
Just to  know for all future buyers.
Official response from support team named Jean-Luc (Oculus Support):

Currently Oculus does not have the options to repair or replace  a single simple head strap.I just cross finger atm for this cybereality guy if he can do anything and i really appreciate him

elboffor
Consultant

EscapeNet said:

this cybereality guy

love that line, Cyber works for oculus and is one hell of an ambasador.

I'm not saying he will go against policy but he is a real gent as far as making sure everything is done fairly. im surprised he never apologised to you as well lol (he is a little over kind if you ask me)

p.s.
another t-shirt wouldn't go amiss either mate...
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

EscapeNet
Honored Guest

The response just came:

Thank you for waiting while your ticket was routed to me. You have reached the highest point of Oculus Support escalations. The information you have been provided by the previous representative is correct.

I have already reviewed your ticket with my team and we have determined that you are not eligible for warranty replacement for the reasons already cited by the previous rep. This decision is final. We also do not offer repair services.

While we do feel for you in this situation there is nothing further that we can offer as assistance.

If you have additional feedback, please provide it with your next reply and I will make sure to forward it to my team, but we will not be able to change the final decision.

SO I WONDER WHAT WARRANTY DO WE HAVE SINCE THEY CANT PROVIDE EVEN A HEAD STRAP?

Any suggestion  anyone? 

I am thinking to dispute them with lawyer since there is no warranty on what they sell and for sure theyρ product was defective (As i browse forums all have problems with the build in headphones and this is exact same position that my rift was detached)

nalex66
MVP
MVP

EscapeNet said:
Any suggestion  anyone? 

If they've decided that it's accidental damage rather than a defective product, then they won't consider it as something that's covered by the warranty.

Another avenue of recourse would be homeowner's insurance (if you have it). That will generally cover you for accidental damage to your expensive personal items.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

EscapeNet
Honored Guest

nalex66 said:

EscapeNet said:
Any suggestion  anyone? 

If they've decided that it's accidental damage rather than a defective product, then they won't consider it as something that's covered by the warranty.

Another avenue of recourse would be homeowner's insurance (if you have it). That will generally cover you for accidental damage to your expensive personal items.

I dont have homeowner insurance.
I told them i am willing to pay the cost (all of it) and i want just a head strap >Rift mechanism is working.with no problem at all.I just cant accept all this.
It is like you have a car and your seat belt is detached and they tell you to buy new car.This is irony.

vannagirl
Consultant
Perhaps there is a hack the community can help with, maybe post up pics to see??
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are.