New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Support is unacceptable

EscapeNetEscapeNet Posts: 9
NerveGear
My email and problem to the support team.
"The left plastic side of the head was torn I have warranty *bought it in 11/2016) If you are not accept it plz give a solution"

Answer: 
Some parts can be purchased from the Oculus website; however, under the circumstances the break was on the harness and we do not sell replacement headsets individually. You'd need to purchase a new Oculus Rift.

You can purchase online, or you can visit one of our retail partners.

With regards to repairs we do not have a repair option available.

We're sorry we could not be of any further assistance; however, I hope that the information we provide will be of some assistance.
--------------------------
So if the head strap torn .....throw your rift in garbage..thats the support they give
Did anyone else had this problem on his Rift?(never fell down,never overplayed and was handled with care)

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,056 Volunteer Moderator
    If you believe that the damage should be covered by warranty (i.e. not due to mishandling, neglect, or abuse), then you should give more details to Support. Describe the problem more thoroughly, and send some photos of your headset.

If all you said to them was "The left plastic side of the head was torn I have warranty *bought it in 11/2016) If you are not accept it plz give a solution", then I can understand them concluding that you broke it yourself.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • EscapeNetEscapeNet Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    If you believe that the damage should be covered by warranty (i.e. not due to mishandling, neglect, or abuse), then you should give more details to Support. Describe the problem more thoroughly, and send some photos of your headset.

If all you said to them was "The left plastic side of the head was torn I have warranty *bought it in 11/2016) If you are not accept it plz give a solution", then I can understand them concluding that you broke it yourself.
    I have already send them photo.The plastic just broke when i tried to wear normally the headset.If the warranty is not covering this then they could tell me the cost to replace it and not tell me to throw it away.The rift is woking, Only the left plastic is somehow broken(not my fault but how to prove it)
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    I'm not in the office today, but I can check tomorrow. Can you send me a private message with your ticket number? If you did indeed buy it less that a year ago, then it should be covered under warranty. Unfortunately, repair service is not available, but I'll see what the options are. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Just to  know for all future buyers.
    Official response from support team named Jean-Luc (Oculus Support):

Currently Oculus does not have the options to repair or replace  a single simple head strap.I just cross finger atm for this cybereality guy if he can do anything and i really appreciate him
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    EscapeNet said:
    this cybereality guy
    love that line, Cyber works for oculus and is one hell of an ambasador.

I'm not saying he will go against policy but he is a real gent as far as making sure everything is done fairly. im surprised he never apologised to you as well lol (he is a little over kind if you ask me)

p.s.
    another t-shirt wouldn't go amiss either mate...
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
    NerveGear

The response just came:

Thank you for waiting while your ticket was routed to me. You have reached the highest point of Oculus Support escalations. The information you have been provided by the previous representative is correct.

I have already reviewed your ticket with my team and we have determined that you are not eligible for warranty replacement for the reasons already cited by the previous rep. This decision is final. We also do not offer repair services.

While we do feel for you in this situation there is nothing further that we can offer as assistance.

If you have additional feedback, please provide it with your next reply and I will make sure to forward it to my team, but we will not be able to change the final decision.

SO I WONDER WHAT WARRANTY DO WE HAVE SINCE THEY CANT PROVIDE EVEN A HEAD STRAP?

Any suggestion  anyone? 

I am thinking to dispute them with lawyer since there is no warranty on what they sell and for sure theyρ product was defective (As i browse forums all have problems with the build in headphones and this is exact same position that my rift was detached)

EscapeNet said:
    Any suggestion  anyone? 
    If they've decided that it's accidental damage rather than a defective product, then they won't consider it as something that's covered by the warranty.

Another avenue of recourse would be homeowner's insurance (if you have it). That will generally cover you for accidental damage to your expensive personal items.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    NerveGear
    nalex66 said:
    EscapeNet said:
    Any suggestion  anyone? 
    If they've decided that it's accidental damage rather than a defective product, then they won't consider it as something that's covered by the warranty.

Another avenue of recourse would be homeowner's insurance (if you have it). That will generally cover you for accidental damage to your expensive personal items.
    I dont have homeowner insurance.
    I told them i am willing to pay the cost (all of it) and i want just a head strap >Rift mechanism is working.with no problem at all.I just cant accept all this.
    It is like you have a car and your seat belt is detached and they tell you to buy new car.This is irony.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,005 Valuable Player
    Perhaps there is a hack the community can help with, maybe post up pics to see??
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    NerveGear
    vannagirl said:
    Perhaps there is a hack the community can help with, maybe post up pics to see??
    If you check carefully the photo you can see that there is no cut or any damage from external but it is from the inside part of the cheap  sticking. Thats why many people also have audio problem cause this is the headphone connectors position.
    NerveGear
    Just to mention CYBEREALITY is  the heart on this support team..RESPECT....
  • ColinBColinB Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    Great outcome.
    Glad to see "the cybereality guy" fixed it for you !!
    Hope it doesn't happen again. Just be more careful next time  :)
    I wouldn't say I exactly fixed it, but I did as much as I could. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    I recommed gorilla superglue
    Should be pretty easy to fix 
    I worry about this happening with my Rift, because due to my giant head, the strap is always pulled all the way out tight.

Is that a broken ribbon cable sticking out of the back part? I'm pretty sure the headphone ribbons run forward, but I'm not sure which side carries the signal for the rear LEDs. 
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    ColinB said:
    Great outcome.
    Glad to see "the cybereality guy" fixed it for you !!
    Hope it doesn't happen again. Just be more careful next time  :)
    Nothing is fixed. The only real support is Cyberailty.
    Oculus is not supporting this,,they are not exist.Only semi automated messages on emails.
    So if this happens to anyone....... you are screwed.
    (And believe me it will happen sometime).
    About :smiley:  Cybereality guy ...we had a talk and with some info i learned for the seller i will contact them and try for a solution.
    Hold on, hang on, plot thickens...
    I'm really sorry I could not do more. Unfortunately the Oculus Rift warranty is only valid when purchased from Oculus themselves or an authorized retailer and, even then, there are only a select list of countries we have the ability to ship to. Hope you can understand.
    is why i asked if the pics can be posted, if no seller is helping, maybe community ideas can help him out of this corner.

you all seem good with glue? ;)
    NerveGear
    I'm really sorry I could not do more. Unfortunately the Oculus Rift warranty is only valid when purchased from Oculus themselves or an authorized retailer and, even then, there are only a select list of countries we have the ability to ship to. Hope you can understand.
    I understand
     I contacted them today and they told me to give them time to talk with the delegation of oculus..Are they lying or what? 
    I see your ticket. Maybe there is some confusion. The agent confirmed what I told you, that we only support warranty when the product is purchased from a select list of authorized retailers (see here: https://www.oculus.com/where-to-buy/ ) and that you should contact the store where you purchased from to see if they will replace or refund the device. Hope that clears things up.
    Or buy some glue...
    Kinda sucky being taken in by a 3rd party  :/
  • lunaticeditlunaticedit Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Seriously man, super glue.
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,658 Valuable Player
    Super glue, gorilla glue would be better.
    You could try a plastic welder but be careful not to heat up the electronics. (Best not to use thus approach if you arent familar with using one )
    And theres always the handymans secret weapon Duct Tape!

WAAAGH!
  • I_JeminI_Jemin Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited August 2017

It happened to me too. They just suggested me to buy new one.
    I live in outside of US, so "discounted" price will be doubled for some global tax and shipping things and currency exchange.

My problem was that left display panel gone dark.
    I just want to send my oculus to my US friend and get repair. Repair service don't need to be free.
    I can pay for that.

It may cost more for sending above sea, but it's more acceptable than the fact that I have to pay dollars amount of two new oculus for getting one new oculus.

If I include old one, this mean I have to pay for three oculus for getting one working oculus.

Why they don't offer proper repair services?
    If Samsung or Apple suggest buy new one every time their customer just drop their phone, they won't survive.

I loved their product, but I can't recommend oculus to others for this.
    How I can recommend product that can't be repaired to my family or friends?