cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support is unacceptable

EscapeNet
Honored Guest
My email and problem to the support team.
"The left plastic side of the head was torn I have warranty *bought it in 11/2016) If you are not accept it plz give a solution"

Answer: 
Some parts can be purchased from the Oculus website; however, under the circumstances the break was on the harness and we do not sell replacement headsets individually. You'd need to purchase a new Oculus Rift.

You can purchase online, or you can visit one of our retail partners.

With regards to repairs we do not have a repair option available.

We're sorry we could not be of any further assistance; however, I hope that the information we provide will be of some assistance.
--------------------------
So if the head strap torn .....throw your rift in garbage..thats the support they give
Did anyone else had this problem on his Rift?(never fell down,never overplayed and was handled with care)

26 REPLIES 26

EscapeNet
Honored Guest

vannagirl said:

Perhaps there is a hack the community can help with, maybe post up pics to see??

If you check carefully the photo you can see that there is no cut or any damage from external but it is from the inside part of the cheap  sticking. Thats why many people also have audio problem cause this is the headphone connectors position.

EscapeNet
Honored Guest
Just to mention CYBEREALITY is  the heart on this support team..RESPECT....

ColinB
Adventurer
Great outcome.
Glad to see "the cybereality guy" fixed it for you !!
Hope it doesn't happen again. Just be more careful next time  🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
I wouldn't say I exactly fixed it, but I did as much as I could. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

elboffor
Consultant
I recommed gorilla superglue
Should be pretty easy to fix 
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I worry about this happening with my Rift, because due to my giant head, the strap is always pulled all the way out tight.

Is that a broken ribbon cable sticking out of the back part? I'm pretty sure the headphone ribbons run forward, but I'm not sure which side carries the signal for the rear LEDs. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

EscapeNet
Honored Guest

ColinB said:

Great outcome.
Glad to see "the cybereality guy" fixed it for you !!
Hope it doesn't happen again. Just be more careful next time  🙂

Nothing is fixed. The only real support is Cyberailty.
Oculus is not supporting this,,they are not exist.Only semi automated messages on emails.
So if this happens to anyone....... you are screwed.
(And believe me it will happen sometime).
About :smiley:  Cybereality guy ...we had a talk and with some info i learned for the seller i will contact them and try for a solution.

elboffor
Consultant
Hold on, hang on, plot thickens...
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm really sorry I could not do more. Unfortunately the Oculus Rift warranty is only valid when purchased from Oculus themselves or an authorized retailer and, even then, there are only a select list of countries we have the ability to ship to. Hope you can understand.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

vannagirl
Consultant
is why i asked if the pics can be posted, if no seller is helping, maybe community ideas can help him out of this corner.

you all seem good with glue? 😉
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are.