cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding 3D videos

JSpidey
Honored Guest
Hi guys, I need a little help finding 360 degree 3D videos to watch on the Rift, videos that are similar to ones you'd find on Youtube.. I would like to be able to search for any videos of my liking.. with the same variety as Youtube.. any help would be appreciated thanks
18 REPLIES 18

Choronzon
Adventurer
Hi guy, get them from YouTube.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I honestly wish someone picks up where the Oculus story dept left off.
My buddies little girl was in awe of Henry when I sat her down on the 4th and let her watch it.
WAAAGH!

JSpidey
Honored Guest
I try to download videos from Youtube but 90% of those videos are standard 2D, even the ones that are 360 degrees has a hard time playing in 3D, I can never adjust the screen settings to work right.

JSpidey
Honored Guest
Does anyone have any suggestions?

JSpidey
Honored Guest
Can anyone please help me out?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How are you downloading and playing 360 degree videos from YouTube? When I tried using Virtual Desktop I had no problem. Just copied the URL to clipboard, went into VR where Virtual Desktop was running, switched to its Video tab, set it up for spherical, then selected the 'Paste URL' option (I think I remembered that right).

Maybe the video downloader or video player you're using doesn't understand the 360 format?

JSpidey
Honored Guest
That's what I'm thinking.. either it doesn't understand the 360 format or it doesn't understand the 3D format.. but I have found a couple videos that worked 100% flawlessly with both 360 3D.. the video player is called DEO VR

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that should cope with 360 videos just fine so long as the videos are saved with the right filenames (rather clunky in my opinion). You are using the right markers in the filenames, yes? I think YouTube 360 videos are side-by-side, so your downloaded video filename would need to be something like awesomevideo_SBS_360.mp4

What were you using to download the videos? Does Deo VR do that? Never used it so I don't know how to fix your problem, but if you can say how you were downloading the videos maybe someone else will be able to spot the problem. Even better if you can give a step-by-step account of what you're doing and the setting you're using at each stage.

[edit]
By the way, I've had no luck with YouTube '3D' videos either. I gather they're all anaglyph now (or lots of them are) and are best viewed on a regular monitor with anaglyph glasses.

JSpidey
Honored Guest
Exactly.. it seems like I'm looking at one of the lenses at a different angle or different magnification from the other one, I will post step by step instructions to how I did it and hopefully someone will shine some light on what's happening