New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Alien Isolation VR Mod Is On Its Way!!!

snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,503 Valuable Player
Yup. That's right!

SO HAPPY!!!  :D

It's 85-90% ready for a first release so far, details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

:D 
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,447 Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah, I just read that as well.  I decided to grab the DLC that I didn't yet have for the game before the end of the Steam sale so I'll have some unplayed content to enjoy in VR.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,155 Valuable Player
    mm yeah, I love when people take VR and retrofit the sheit out of an older game with it.

Should be fun.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,503 Valuable Player
    The conspiracy theorist in me is telling me that Sega haven't done this themselves because they don't want one of their games to be the first recorded VR related death lol  :D

I honestly can't understand why they didn't have this available on day one of both the Rift and Vive launching, it would have been a licence to print money and would have been VERY cheap to do. Same goes for Valve and Half Life 2 VR as well.  :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,155 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    I honestly can't understand why they didn't have this available on day one of both the Rift and Vive launching, it would have been a licence to print money and would have been VERY cheap to do.
    This was a pretty big debate here several months back. I think @nalex66 schooled everyone on the topic, iirc.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    It's funny, the COO of Sega Europe teased an upcoming announcement last September, but there's been nothing said about it since. here's the quote for reference:
    We’ve not announced anything, but we are very close to making an announcement. We did Alien: Isolation about three years ago on Oculus Rift, it was a demo that was bloody scary. To bring that back to VR would be a dream and dreams can come true.
    This user-made VR mod won't have tracked hands I don't think, but still, it's better than nothing. Looking forward to facing the xenomorph in VR again!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 7,023 Valuable Player
    edited July 2017
    I got half way through Alien Isolation before my computer decided I needed a new motherboard. I was playing it with VorpX, so at-least this will give me some incentive to start from the beginning and play it again.
  • PablitoPablito Posts: 361
    Trinity
    Now this is good.

• MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,712 Valuable Player
    As if that game wasnt scary enough!
    WAAAGH!
    It's been almost three years since I faced the xenomorph in my DK2. It'll be really nice to get back in and try it on the CV1!
    edited July 2017
    I've just got round to installing Doom 3 and a guy has done an excellent job modding VR into that game. It looks better then a lot of built for VR games.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,153 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    Yup. That's right!

SO HAPPY!!!  :D

It's 85-90% ready for a first release so far, details here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/6ldafu/some_new_progress_on_fixing_alien_isolation_in_vr/

:D 
    Wow. This is fab news
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    Toilet paper on order  :s
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• CalmfixupCalmfixup Posts: 291
    Nexus 6
    This is one of those games that I've heard you guys talk about for ages, so I'm excited to finally get to try it!

"Shut up, Wesley!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

• nangunangu Posts: 55
    Hiro Protagonist
    I will need to build up a LOT of courage to play this game in VR :-(

I'm affraid of a hearth attack playing it lol
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,503 Valuable Player
    I'm surprised that nobody has died of a heart attack playing VR horror games yet, particularly with Dreadhalls and Monstrum being out for so long. Narcosis is also pretty scary too.

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,007 Valuable Player
    lovethis said:
    I've just got round to installing Doom 3 and a guy has done an excellent job modding VR into that game. It looks better then a lot of built for VR games.
    Really?

I know someone who loves horror games, would love doom in vr i am sure of it. Does it make you feel sick though, she only got her rift recently
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • AndyW1384AndyW1384 Posts: 307
    Trinity
    vannagirl said:
    lovethis said:
    Really?

I know someone who loves horror games, would love doom in vr i am sure of it. Does it make you feel sick though, she only got her rift recently
    There are a ton of comfort options, so there's a good chance she'll find a combination that avoids nausea while keeping good immersion.
    edited July 2017
    vannagirl said:
    lovethis said:
    Really?

Yes it can make you feel sick, but I've set it up to look where I move and it doesn't make me feel sick that way. I'll have to play it a bit more though to let you know. Just don't use analogue to turn because that makes you want to bring up chunks. Use look to move where you are looking. look at this video!

• LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 2,385 Valuable Player
    Mr Snowdog sir you have just made my month. 
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,367 Valuable Player
    Bought this on Steam sale at Christmas for this very reason. Been a long wait, but what the hell...

• Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    Not long to wait hopefully... Stay frosty...
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
    edited July 2017
    Don't take this wrong, but could there be a possibility that this is just a hoax? It's just why post when you are so close and also say there's no video to show either? But if it is legit, I hope it has look to walk like in the Doom mod, because analogue turn is just sickness inducing for many people.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,153 Valuable Player
    I hope its not a hoax. If it is, game over man game over! 
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • ntwigbelsntwigbels Posts: 73
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm really looking forward to visiting Sevastopol in VR again. Great experience!
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,074 Valuable Player
    Speak your mind Snowdog, don't hold back . We're all friends here.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.