cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone heard voices in the headset, while not in-game?

AQfumes
Adventurer
This may be a silly question, but has anyone heard people speaking in the Rift headset, while in the set-up page? I've actually had this happen a couple times in the past but didn't really think much of it and moved on. 

I read a similar topic on reddit a couple months ago where another user had experienced this also, but I can't seem to find that page now. Commenter's didn't seem to know what the OP was speaking of and I never commented on my experience. I only bring it up now cause I had it happen again this evening, while re-calibrating my sensors. 

It's the same voices I hear each time of a girl laughing and a man saying something that gets cut-off. This has happen on 3 separate hard-drives that I re-installed Win10 on throughout the year. I figured it can't be anything on my computer interfering. Each time I do a re-install, I get rid of programs and the newly formatted drive does not consist of the same files or software. 

Well I managed to get a video screen capture of it this time, and I'll post it here shortly. I just thought I'd check if anyone may have experienced something similar? It's a silly topic, I know. It's something I've been curious about though, since I've had the Rift for over a year now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
It's when the voices stop that you need to worry

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

AQfumes
Adventurer
https://youtu.be/DP0n9qb_zGI

It's at the beginning of the video and again at 0:25. The voice was looped. 

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
I hear dead people!

Fuzzydragon
Protege
yep I heard this the other day if you run it backwards it says.......things.

CrashFu
Consultant
It's actually a subliminal message planted in the Oculus system on order from Facebook.  If you listen closely, you can make out the message itself... "Zuckerberg for President, 2020"  :hushed:

(Explains a lot, don't it?)
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I just wanted to stay at home and cover myself with babyoil...... maybe that was just the voices again.
WAAAGH!

kojack
MVP
MVP
I used to occasionally hear somebody knocking on the wall of my bedroom. There's a window with venetian blinds on the wall, I'd open the blinds and look out, nobody in site. I'd go outside, there was nobody around.

This went on for months. It didn't happen often, but at least once a week I'd hear it.

I finally solved the mystery. It was the ICQ chat program's notification that somebody I knew had come online. It was playing on my sub woofer under my pc desk up against the wall. I just didn't have many people in ICQ and they didn't go online often.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Wildt
Consultant
@kojack  - :lol:

Sorry to go of topic, but I just remembered a somewhat related story, where I thought my computer had been hacked (or possessed).
This was like 15-20  years ago or something, when suddenly application windows would close, and seemingly random functions would get executed in the program I was using. I'd often panic and repeatedly hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE to reboot. The problem would go away .. but later reappear . 

After some days, I bumped into my neighbour and I told him about my problems.. which he found interesting, because he'd been experiencing random reboots while he was working on his PC.

Turns out we had the same wireless Logitech keyboard :smiley:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

EliteSPA
Superstar
a4upwkn0du3i.jpg
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's quite obvious what's happening here.

Aliens.

The truth is out there.

Trust no one.