cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone heard voices in the headset, while not in-game?

AQfumes
Adventurer
This may be a silly question, but has anyone heard people speaking in the Rift headset, while in the set-up page? I've actually had this happen a couple times in the past but didn't really think much of it and moved on. 

I read a similar topic on reddit a couple months ago where another user had experienced this also, but I can't seem to find that page now. Commenter's didn't seem to know what the OP was speaking of and I never commented on my experience. I only bring it up now cause I had it happen again this evening, while re-calibrating my sensors. 

It's the same voices I hear each time of a girl laughing and a man saying something that gets cut-off. This has happen on 3 separate hard-drives that I re-installed Win10 on throughout the year. I figured it can't be anything on my computer interfering. Each time I do a re-install, I get rid of programs and the newly formatted drive does not consist of the same files or software. 

Well I managed to get a video screen capture of it this time, and I'll post it here shortly. I just thought I'd check if anyone may have experienced something similar? It's a silly topic, I know. It's something I've been curious about though, since I've had the Rift for over a year now. 

38 REPLIES 38

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Working as we intended.  Carry on.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

Luciferous
Consultant
Are your voices saying 'kill them, Kill them all' or is that just me.

AQfumes
Adventurer
Lol you guys are a hoot! I can only blame myself for this.  :s

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been hearing voices for long before I got my HMD 🙂

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
It's when the voices stop that you need to worry

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I used to hear voices when I baby sat at my Aunties house. It was a faint voice that used to say her name and talk about random things. I was 14 at the time and was scared shiteless, so much so I never said a word to her about it, I thought she might think I was crazy. Then one day before she was due to go out, I saw her talking to the Budgie and not long after the talking started. I never knew it was the fricken budgie talking, I knew parrots could talk, but not Budgies.

Anonymous
Not applicable
No voices, but sometimes... I see dead people...

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

dburne said:

I see dead people, but they don't lay down.

Percy1983
Superstar

dburne said:

I see dumb people.

Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only
see what they want to see. They don't know they're dumb.

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

zork2001
Heroic Explorer
you here that when you are on the adjust sensor setup screen.