cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

sherpa25
Protege

sherpa25 said:

Hi, waiting for my CV1 to arrive in a couple of days, but I decided to run OculusSetup in advance, but I get the'Install was blocked by your antivirus' message too, even if they're all (AVG, defender, malwarebytes) disabled.  Run oculussetup.exe as administrator too.  Help pls.

PC: i5-4670k, Win10 x64, 980ti, 16mb ram, SSD.

Attached my log. Thanks.

Latest with the ff already uninstalled (AVG, superantispyware) and disabled ccleaner and process lasso, added oculussetup.exe to firewall, still get the same message 'Install is blocked by your antivirus'. What could this be, practically running no protection anymore.  Pls help.

cybereality
Grand Champion

albypy said:

Hi, I got the message "Can't connect" and "Please check your connection." But my internet connection is working.

This is the problem:
Couldn't find a valid install location for drive C:\!

Probably that means your C drive is something funky as it's not a valid location. For example, C I believe must be NTFS format, must have at least 4GB free, must not be a network or remote drive, etc. 

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

theglitcher201
Sightseer
Cybereality, here is my oculus setup log

Thunderfury
Honored Guest
Here is my log please help, mine was working great 2 days ago now i can't install anything games.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please help. Just got Rift today. File downloads. As soon as click on it there's a slight pause then it fails with a sign saying. "oculus setup has stopped working" I've tried all the work throughs I can find on here. Windows all up to date, nvidia up to date, C++ and Net framework fine. Tried file in different drives. also /bypassHotfixCheck...fire walls and antivirus. Nothing worked. I've attached my OculusSetup.log if anyone can understand them.

I've an Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
ForceWare version: 384.76

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help. Just got Rift today. File downloads. As soon as click on it there's a slight pause then it fails with a sign saying. "oculus setup has stopped working" I've tried all the work throughs I can find on here. Windows all up to date, nvidia up to date, C++ and Net framework fine. Tried file in different drives. also /bypassHotfixCheck...fire walls and antivirus. Nothing worked. I've attached my OculusSetup.log if anyone can understand them.

I've an Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LX (LGA1155)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
ForceWare version: 384.76

Solved: Found my problem. I just unplugged my Wacom tablet and it now installed fine.

mightbeross
Honored Guest
I'm unable to install Oculus now after uninstalling to install on a new drive. Removed everything I could fix, done registry fixes, kind of at a loss. Here's my log.

bert_vr
Honored Guest
Would youn mind checking my issue out? I spent almaos all weekend and cannot get games to run - memory allocation error :s   🙂

https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/54819/most-games-crash-memory-allocation-problems

sneakyCow
Honored Guest
Why does Oculus Setup hate me all of a sudden??? Can I get help with this log? :(((

cybereality
Grand Champion
@sneakyCow I see some errors there, but it should allow you to finish the setup. Can you describe the problem you are having? Thanks.