cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Guys who did the Doom VR mod, working on anything else?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Does anyone know if the guy who did the Doom 3 mod for VR is working on anything else? One of the best experiances I've had in VR and I wasn't even going to bother with it at first. Would he be able to do something with Alien isolation or any game for that matter, like he has done for Doom 3? What does it take for a game to become VR compatible like Doom 3?
6 REPLIES 6

elboffor
Consultant
@Samson @2EyeGuy i believe lovey is referring to you 2 fine fellos
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

elboffor said:

@Samson @2EyeGuy i believe lovey is referring to you 2 fine fellos

Great, maybe they can comment. Would be great if they were working on other VR mods.

Anonymous
Not applicable

lovethis said:

[snip]
What does it take for a game to become VR compatible like Doom 3?

For the source code to have been released publicly - as it was for Doom 3 BFG. Without that, it's almost impossible to get Touch support.

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
Some open sourced AAA games that I'm aware of are Quake 1-3, Doom 3 and Duke Nukem 3D.
Touch support can theoreticly be added to a few moddable games like Half life 2.
Alien Isolation is none of them. the game once had native VR support which is currently being re-enabled by another guy.

Regarding other games, you might want to try that old Quake 2 mod, which recently had been updated for the CV1 with partial Touch support..  https://github.com/q2vr/quake2vr/releases

bigmike20vt
Visionary
it does seem that AI may be on its way however, albeit i dont think with touch support.

touch would be the cherry.... but just the game working properly in VR on a pad is plenty of icing on the cake for me..... 🙂
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

BoxDroppingManA
Expert Protege
No idea for Samson, but I reckon 2EyeGuy's time has been occupied by his efforts to photoshop Palmer and Trump kissing, and related slash fic.