New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Experience Virtual Insanity with me in Phantasma VR - A puzzler in the style of David Lynch.

SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
Trinity
*This is one weird game with some tough puzzles. Can you figure them out? Post your comments on the video. 
*Video is in Side by Side so best viewed in a VR viewer*

Comments

• SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity
    No comments? Zen, you like puzzle games? Interested, I'll gift you it on Steam..
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Nice!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,857 Valuable Player
    Yes, that is fantastic. I can easily lose myself in something like that. The closest thing I've played to this in VR is the title, Nevermind. Very eerie, warped, and twisted puzzle-based environments, each with their own narrative.  But this seems to take things up a notch with the throwback to titles I enjoyed years ago: 7th Guest and 11th Hour.

I must try this!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,670 Valuable Player
    Wow that looks trippy.
    It would give me something to look at while I wait for the second part of The Gallery.
    So hooked at the end of starseed
    WAAAGH!
    You are awesome @SadGamerDad

I just accepted your Steam Gift and installing now. Gonna go grab some food n coffee, and then jump right in to this monster. This is gonna be a good VR Sunday B)
    Made it to Paris; taking a break.

I really love this game. Very dark and some unexpected "adult only" moments.
    Trinity
    edited July 2017
    Zenbane said:
    Made it to Paris; taking a break.

I really love this game. Very dark and some unexpected "adult only" moments.
    You bet man, I haven't tried Paris since my video when I made it there and quit for time contraints. I've talked with the developer some and told him I'd get the word out to folks to check it out. He is making a larger Steampunk adventure game called Steam Dolls and created Phanstasma to generate funds for that larger project.  
    I've been trying to crack Paris all night!

I matched up all the blocks with the street names, but still can't figure out which blocks it wants me to place in the 6-container block holder.

I'm not sure I can sleep until I figure this one out :#

I am definitely a fan of this Dev's work. I'll keep an eye out for Steam Dolls. I noticed his prelude to this title with the Steam Dolls book illustration inside Phatasma.

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,018 Valuable Player
    Ohhh "adult only moments" - care to elaborate fellas?

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
    Trinity
    Zenbane said:
    I've been trying to crack Paris all night!

I matched up all the blocks with the street names, but still can't figure out which blocks it wants me to place in the 6-container block holder.

I'm not sure I can sleep until I figure this one out :#

I am definitely a fan of this Dev's work. I'll keep an eye out for Steam Dolls. I noticed his prelude to this title with the Steam Dolls book illustration inside Phatasma.

I saw you in there before I went to sleep, I may give the Paris puzzle a go tonight myself and record some.. I don't expect to solve it but maybe I can have an a-ha moment
    edited July 2017
    okie dokie,

There is one point in the game where the Player is in a hallway that leads to multiple apartment rooms. Each room has a sound coming from in. One of the rooms has a very loud and audibly detailed sound... of a couple having some fairly hardcore sex.

Full disclosure: I had lots of trouble solving the puzzle for this level because I not only became overly distracted by the boinking couple behind the door, but also because I may have enjoyed it a tad bit more than the author of the game intended :#

SadGamerDad said:
    I saw you in there before I went to sleep, I may give the Paris puzzle a go tonight myself and record some.. I don't expect to solve it but maybe I can have an a-ha moment
    I posted on the Dev's Steam discussion board. I think I'm on the final level and it seems that I uncovered a bug. I solved the puzzle but I somehow broke the game lol

Going to start over later to see the ending. This was warped as hell experience; I like it!
    edited July 2017
    Addict! 
    Not judging mind you takes one to know one.
    WAAAGH!
    Morgrum said:
    Addict! 
    Oh I'm judging. Anytime Shadow asks someone to "elaborate" on a VR sexy time thaang... I can literally here his pants unzip :o
    btw, @SadGamerDad

If you want some hints on the Paris puzzle just let me know. I spent about 2 hours on it before figuring it out. It was probably my favorite puzzle in the game, as it reminded me of what I went through on the Selenitic Age in Myst.
    Zenbane said:
    Morgrum said:
    Addict! 
    Oh I'm judging. Anytime Shadow asks someone to "elaborate" on a VR sexy time thaang... I can literally here his pants unzip :o
    Pants unzip?
    Pfft you apparently have not heard of VELCRO sir!
    Much easier.
    WAAAGH!
    Shadow is a Velcro panties kinda guy, aint he? I stand corrected.
    Trinity
    edited July 2017
    I know there are blocks that match the street names and the stop light is some order and there are 4 videos on the laptop but I haven't made all the connections between those three things...

Yes some hints would be great Zen.

Velcro and the odd pube don't mix too well, but then again neither does a caught zipper. :fearful: That's why I am either holy or have buttons. Luckily I don't have a phobia of buttons otherwise I'd have to go all Arnie like. 

edited July 2017
    I know there are blocks that match the street names and the stop light is some order and there are 4 videos on the laptop but I haven't made all the connections between those three things...

Yes some hints would be great Zen.

Here is a nudge:

The 4 videos show a sequence of names and lights. Might be a good idea to write them down.

There are 9 street names and 9 decorated blocks.

The Block-Holder will only hold 6 blocks.

Which 6? And in what order?

I used pen n' paper to figure this one out lol

If you need another nudge:

What is the girl in the videos trying to do?

... and another

If you are taking a bus home, what color should the traffic lights be?

yet another:

If you look at your notes from all 4 videos, do they reveal an order that would make it easy to get home?

One of the papers on the main table shows a Traffic light with the Red and Yellow light showing. But no Green Light.

Final answer, super spoiler:

Each of the 4 videos has 1 or more Green Lights in it.

The Green Light is missing from the hint sheet (mentioned above). This is perhaps a hint to "find the Green Light."

When you write down all the Light Sequences from the videos, a Green Light order appears.

The goal is to find the order that gives you 6 Green lights:

Sevres
    Mayet
    Midi
    Ferrandi
    Vaugirard
    Desgoff

Place these blocks in the Holder, from Left to Right.

Wow Zen.

Or maybe...

Am I doin it rite?

Trinity
    Thanks Zen, I looked at the first two. I had a hunch .. I'll see if I can figure out the rest without using the others..
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,006 Valuable Player
    this video made me sub last night (no idea why not before)

i have way too many games and little enough time but i will keep this in mind, i love vr puzzling, i look forward to the day we can appear in a vr novel and shape the story, puzzle games kind of feel this way to me
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Trinity
    vannagirl said:
    this video made me sub last night (no idea why not before)

i have way too many games and little enough time but i will keep this in mind, i love vr puzzling, i look forward to the day we can appear in a vr novel and shape the story, puzzle games kind of feel this way to me

Thanks for the Sub!