cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo Arena Open Beta Extended to MONDAY, JULY 17TH!

LilTrashPanda
Expert Protege
Hi everyone,

The team here at Ready At Dawn would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to you for participating in our second open beta. It’s been great hanging out with you in the lobby, seeing your feedback on Discord, the Echo Arena subreddit, and the Oculus forums, and getting our butts whooped by you in the arena!

To add to the awesome news announced earlier today (Oculus Rift + Touch sale and our recently revealed Lone Echo launch trailer), we’re also happy to share our decision to extend the final Echo Arena Open Beta until Monday, July 17th!

As many of you know, our goal for this open beta was to further test some major network updates we made, our skill-based matchmaking, and our first iteration of the Echo Arena Party system. We definitely got the backend service testing we needed (still recovering from being hugged a little too hard), however during that time our devs were re-routed to debug and resolve those errors, which put the Party system on hold. 

This extended open beta period will give the Echo Arena dev team time to further improve our backend services, and players to test out and provide feedback on the Party system. Additionally, you’ll get more time in Echo Arena to prep for launch day and hone your skills for the VR Challenger series, which we’ll be sharing more info about before too much longer.

Thank you again for all the support you’ve given us! We can’t wait to dive back into the arena with you over the next week, and again at launch on July 20th.

- Ready At Dawn

27 REPLIES 27

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Awesome!!!

You really don't want me to get anything else done this week, do you?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Woot! I didn't get to play much over the weekend so I am excited to get some time in.

eldeeder
Explorer
Wow... Thanks guys! I finally got some time off work and it was after this beta was set to close. Obviously going to be buying this game at launch.. 

Drakfyre
Explorer
YAAAAAAAAAAY! I am sooooo happy thank you so much!  I hope that the beta, launch, and post launch stuff treats you all well and I hope you all finally get some well-deserved rest; you are a kickass team and it shows!

LilTrashPanda
Expert Protege

eldeeder said:

Wow... Thanks guys! I finally got some time off work and it was after this beta was set to close. Obviously going to be buying this game at launch.. 

In case you didn't hear, Echo Arena will be free for a limited time after launch thanks to a sponsorship by Intel, so make sure to pick it up from the store on July 20th to add it to your library! 🙂

BigBadMario82
Explorer
but how can i cope with the 18th and 19th?........no echo arena....  🙂 wtg ready at dawn i salute you for making the oculus community happy with this masterpiece of multiplayer gaming. not since overwatch have i been so hyped to play a game and i thought no one could top that for me! thank you

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This is great news! I was distracted a few days with real life stuff, then the one night I had for VR fun I couldn't resist trying the game gifted to me by SadGamerDad.

Now I'm stuck working all night. It's good to know that I can actually take part in this Beta afterall!

Steven_Burger
Explorer
When can we expect to see the party system added to the beta? I can't wait to start teaming up with people. 

Domitjen
Adventurer
So it basically launched..except with a 3 days gap. 😛