cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone using Sansar or High-Fidelity?

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
I finally got accepted into Sansar yesterday and logged in late last night. I used it without the CV1 because it was so late and because I wanted to see if it would work without it. It definitely has that Second Life/Sims feel and there are quite a bit of areas to explore but overall it was empty. There's this 360 theater that looped one GoPro video with music that I'm glad is out of my head right now. That room had the most people (5) or any people from what I could tell from the other empty areas I explored. All of them used the curvy female avatars and I introduced by stating that it's my first time here and made a joke on how funny it is that I'm surrounded by a bunch of men using female avatars. 

That broke the ice and gradually everyone started changing their avatars but someone said "There are women in here you know." Overall I had a good conversation with the small group in an environment that got more annoying the longer you stayed in it. I haven't tried High-Fidelity created an account last night.

Has anyone here tried these apps? How frequently do you use them? These can be cool social experiences if more people used them but I wonder what would it take for people to keep coming back.
11 REPLIES 11

MoeCapp
Protege
Didn't actually get my Sansar invite yet, somewhat annoying as I requested one very early on but I guess I'm in no great hurry at the moment. Haven't been on High Fidelity in a while, though I am enthusiastic it will grow into something good, I liked where that is headed . About time I hop back on and see what's happening.

Still using Second Life with the CtrlAltStudio viewer though, but obviously it's nowhere near as VR friendly as HiFi and Sansar.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer

First I've heard of these..   What's with the accepted thing? is there a test? lol Are both pay to play? Are they both similar to second life? just curious for VR video making purposes..

UPDATE: Curiosity got the best of me so I googled both oif them. I see now they are online world creators.. Cool stuff but not for my video making puposes.. carry on, nothing to see here.. ha ha

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer

MoeCapp said:

Didn't actually get my Sansar invite yet, somewhat annoying as I requested one very early on but I guess I'm in no great hurry at the moment. Haven't been on High Fidelity in a while, though I am enthusiastic it will grow into something good, I liked where that is headed . About time I hop back on and see what's happening.

Still using Second Life with the CtrlAltStudio viewer though, but obviously it's nowhere near as VR friendly as HiFi and Sansar.

I take it there's still a good amount of people on Second Life?

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
@SadGamerDad what kind of videos are you try to make? Maybe try Unity?

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer

kcampbell said:

@SadGamerDad what kind of videos are you try to make? Maybe try Unity?

Youtube VR Gaming videos so far but always on the lookout for other VR related content.

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
Ah ok, so you're doing videos about VR but not necessarily videos in VR.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer

kcampbell said:

Ah ok, so you're doing videos about VR but not necessarily videos in VR.

Correct..

MoeCapp
Protege

kcampbell said:

MoeCapp said:

I take it there's still a good amount of people on Second Life?

Sure, 20-50k people at any given moment. The numbers are down somewhat from a few years ago, but it's surprisingly still quite populated despite being weirdly under-the-radar. Long time residents really don't have any reason to leave, it's not like there's anything remotely comparable as an alternative, and there are always new users. It's not particularly accessible for ease of access by modern standards, which is both a strength and weakness.

So I did get my Sansar invite and have been checking it out today though. Considering how long it's been in development, I am a little underwhelmed so far, I was expecting a little more by now I guess.

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
@MoeCapp I agree with what you said about Sansar. It was a lot of hype and I was just like "This is it?"

I hope it improves though...