cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup: KB2670838 and KB3033929 required, but already installed

paranoidcoder
Explorer
So i'm trying to run the Oculus setup, however, every time I try it will not allow me to continue because i do not have the windows updates KB2670838 and KB3033929, but I do have them installed!

The setup file i grabbed from here:
https://www.oculus.com/en-us/setup/

And I've verified through Windows "Installed updates" that both of those updates are present on my Windows 7 machine.

Against my better judgement, I even went through and uninstalled the windows updates, and installed them again, but this problem still persists!

Help? I've been trying to get this thing to work for the last 6 hours!
82 REPLIES 82

geogan
Explorer
I just tried to install now and got the same two errors on Windows 7 SP1. And after downloading the hotfixes and running them, Windows tells me they are both installed already. This is fucking ridiculous Oculus! Are you actually trying to kill your company stone dead by making it as hard as possible for ANYONE to use your device???
Coolermaster HAF 932, ASUS Rampage II Extreme, Intel i7 970 @ 3.2GHz, Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming GTX 1070, 12Gb Corsair Dominator GT DDR3, OCZ Vertex 4, 17TB SATA storage, Creative HS-1000 Fatal1ty USB X-Fi Gaming Headset, ASUS Xonar DSX audiocard, Logitech G15 Keyboard, XFX Triple monitor stand, Dell U2715H, Dell 2407WFP x 2, Tagan BZ-ESA Modular 800W, Windows 7 Professional 64bit | 16TB HP Proliant Media Server, Oculus Rift CV1 + Touch

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you done the steps I suggested the the post directly above?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

JimmyGiliberti
Honored Guest
don't know why it works, but I first did

OculusSetup.exe /h   which fails but afterwards

OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck  then continues.... magic. but it works.

chris_bell_2008
Honored Guest
You guys are awsome, just got my DK2 and would be in the shit without you lot helping each other 😉

GenIdea
Explorer

This thread has been a godsend.

Allowed me to get on with downloading the software.

This is the sort of information that should be in the official troubleshooting, and by now the "/bypassHotfixCheck" should be the default setting for the setup software or at least have a "tickbox "option.

As a new purchaser, I'm rather disappointed.

GenIdea
Explorer

hello, I am having same issue, with those Kn hotfix, how to do I use command promt to open oculus .exe?

best way is from the windows search (it's different depending on version 7, 8, or 10) and just type "cmd" and press enter.

That will give you command prompt window.

If you know where you saved the setup App the you use the "CD" command to move to that folder and then type the "OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck" and it should work without asking for the Windows updates.

... well it did for me.  I'm still downloading (its 1.7 GB)

Good luck

T1-Proxii
Honored Guest

hello, I am having same issue, with those Kn hotfix, how to do I use command promt to open oculus .exe?

Go to the folder where the SetUp.exe is located, click the address bar and type "cmd" then enter the command from there.

pyr084
Honored Guest
i had the same problem, rift software says KB3033929 and KB2670838 are not installed.
i tried everthing in this post, dosent work.

then i force install the 2 windows updates like this

1. download KB3033929 and KB2670838 from microsoft
2. download and install 7zip
3. unpack KB3033929 and KB2670838 with 7-zip
4. copy the files to c:\
5. open console in admin mode
6. type: dism /online /add-package:C:\Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab
7. wait until restart
8. open console in admin mode
9. type: dism /online /add-package:C:\Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.cab
8. wait until restart
10. install oculus

have fun. hope it works for someone

dayuk
Honored Guest

pyr084 said:

i had the same problem, rift software says KB3033929 and KB2670838 are not installed.
i tried everthing in this post, dosent work.

then i force install the 2 windows updates like this

1. download KB3033929 and KB2670838 from microsoft
2. download and install 7zip
3. unpack KB3033929 and KB2670838 with 7-zip
4. copy the files to c:\
5. open console in admin mode
6. type: dism /online /add-package:C:\Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab
7. wait until restart
8. open console in admin mode
9. type: dism /online /add-package:C:\Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.cab
8. wait until restart
10. install oculus

have fun. hope it works for someone

Thanks pyr084. This method worked for me. I couldn't confirm if they were installed so rather doing the bypass I tried your way. Installing software now.

Surely this means its a windows problem than Oculus ?

pyr084
Honored Guest
no its a oculus problem, one of these updates is more then 2 years old now, and got packet by an rollup update of windows. it is realy installed but the KB-code is not longer registerd and the oculus software doesnt know this XD .....absolut facebook fail