Ordered a Rift yesterday, Order status : order. Was the rift already out of stock ? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Ordered a Rift yesterday, Order status : order. Was the rift already out of stock ?

tankyxtankyx Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hi guys,

Yesterday I ordered a Rift with the summer sale, but the status hasn't changed. As the website does not specify it, is the rift out of stock ?
Tagged:

Comments

• SaiyonSaiyon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    my Order has been sitting a "processing for shipping", I have had no further emails or updates. curious as to the ETA or situation.
  • GIEIGIEI Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    "processing for shipping" since monday
  • GravewishGravewish Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Same, "Processing for shipping" since Monday 7pm BST.

I asked them if it was possible to cancel as a local store near me had stock, but they told me that "Preparing for Shipping" is too late for straight-up cancelling as by then it might already be in the process of shipping. They would try to recall the package in that case but might not be able to, and since I don't want to receive two Rifts and go through the hassle of shipping one of them back, I asked them to ignore the cancellation request.

I also asked them yesterday on the same support ticket if they could give me an update on the shipping status as it has been "Processing for Shipping" for so long, but they stopped replying.

I understand if the warehouse is swamped, but PLEASE acknowledge it! "Processing for Shipping" for two days with no updates is kind of ridiculous. I should have bought from a retailer, and if this continues I don't see myself recommending the Oculus store to anyone. If this is the service I should expect from them when ordering games I see no reason not to use Steam instead.
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Posts: 1,410
    Wintermute
    I wouldn't worry too much I would imagine they have just had an influx of orders, things shouldn't take to long but if your really concerned only support can give actual answers to where each order is up to.
    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler
    Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+
    256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache
    Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w
  • ShaunSlaysShaunSlays Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    An estimated delivery date would be nice, since amazons wait is currently 3 days.
    One day I will be more than just a virtual boy (or girl)
  • Cain_BloodbaneCain_Bloodbane Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    They have a FAQ page about shipping.

https://support.oculus.com/1561641360808317
    Hiro Protagonist
    Most relevant part should be:

Shipping Estimate

If you bought something from the Oculus Store, check your location to see your shipping estimate:

• North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand: Your order will usually ship in 2 business days
    • Asia: Your order will usually ship in 2-4 business days

If you bought your Oculus product from an online store (example: Amazon), check with them to see your shipping estimate.

Hiro Protagonist
    I ordered Monday evening, today I got my tracking number, but the order had already shipping Tuesday, they just had not sent me the tracking number yet.
  • tankyxtankyx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I ordered Monday evening, today I got my tracking number, but the order had already shipping Tuesday, they just had not sent me the tracking number yet.
    The problem is that 24 hours after, it is stuck at "Order" status. No processing yet ... I don't even know if my card is charged yet.
  • DavyBatsDavyBats Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Same thing happened to me then they cancelled my order... dont be surprised if this happens
  • tankyxtankyx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    DavyBats said:
    Same thing happened to me then they cancelled my order... dont be surprised if this happens
    But why they cancelled it ?
  • DavyBatsDavyBats Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Opened a ticket to ask, still no answer. I could not tell you why, but its happened to a bunch of people.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Sorry for the wait. Processing is taking slightly longer than usual due to the sale. Please be patient. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,941 Valuable Player
    edited July 2017
    i think this all calls for a FAQ

so many ways to ask the same q's and put their minds to ease :)
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • ShaunSlaysShaunSlays Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Most relevant part should be:

Shipping Estimate

If you bought something from the Oculus Store, check your location to see your shipping estimate:

• North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand: Your order will usually ship in 2 business days
    • Asia: Your order will usually ship in 2-4 business days

If you bought your Oculus product from an online store (example: Amazon), check with them to see your shipping estimate.

Thanks, my original message to support didnt provide this but the 2nd did. But thanks for sharing also . Im just excited to finally try VR
    One day I will be more than just a virtual boy (or girl)
  • SnackyAUSnackyAU Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    I sat at order status for quite awhile then i sat at processing for shipment for 30ish hours.. so don't fret they will email you if the order is canceled for any reason. I think it's just so busy right now must be causing few bits of delay etc
  • UberWiggettUberWiggett Posts: 96
    Brain Burst
    edited July 2017
    Order mine after 5pm local Tuesday, money went out straight away, shipping signal on Thursday night, left Hong Kong Friday morning, estimated delivery Tuesday :(  I mean that's relatively great turn around for a big online order but I was soooooo keen on playing this weekend :P  (edit: South Aus here.)
  • BigLDPBigLDP Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    They removed any traces of shipping time on the new FAQ.
  • Steven_LuuSteven_Luu Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Ordered mine on the11th still stuck on "Order" 3 business days later...
  • XordusXordus Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I ordered mine Saturday.  Now it's Monday and I have yet to be charged and the order status is still "Order".  I have no idea what's going on....
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 5,530 Volunteer Moderator
    It's a stock issue, give them time to catch up ;)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• piet-_-420piet-_-420 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
     i didn't even get charged nor did i get a mail yet and it's been bout 6-7days 
  • GalacticTraderGalacticTrader Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I ordered mine on July 14th and it shipped on the 24th. Ten days may seem like a long time, but I have been waiting over a year for the price to drop to an affordable level, so no big deal.
  • Mikachu42Mikachu42 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Ordered 25th and 2 days later order status is still stuck on "Order"
  • Andy17704Andy17704 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I ordered mine on the 12th July. My order is still sitting at Order after over 2 weeks. I have emailed them they said to me they are hoping to ship new orders from start of august. Everyone has brought one so they've sold out. Naturally we just have to wait till they get it in stock.
  • Alang0100Alang0100 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    I just ordered mine lol probably gonna have to wait a month
  • Alang0100Alang0100 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    canceled my order and ordered it threw newegg ships tomorrow
    :)  
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,681 Valuable Player
    Any update @tankyx and @Saiyon ?
  • ProfessorMoriartyProfessorMoriarty Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I ordered a rift that's on sale on Saturday at about 3pm, status is stuck on order and i have not been charged yet too, if they cancel my order i'll just order again, when does this sale end?