cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo Arena Open Beta Extended to MONDAY, JULY 17TH!

LilTrashPanda
Expert Protege
Hi everyone,

The team here at Ready At Dawn would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to you for participating in our second open beta. It’s been great hanging out with you in the lobby, seeing your feedback on Discord, the Echo Arena subreddit, and the Oculus forums, and getting our butts whooped by you in the arena!

To add to the awesome news announced earlier today (Oculus Rift + Touch sale and our recently revealed Lone Echo launch trailer), we’re also happy to share our decision to extend the final Echo Arena Open Beta until Monday, July 17th!

As many of you know, our goal for this open beta was to further test some major network updates we made, our skill-based matchmaking, and our first iteration of the Echo Arena Party system. We definitely got the backend service testing we needed (still recovering from being hugged a little too hard), however during that time our devs were re-routed to debug and resolve those errors, which put the Party system on hold. 

This extended open beta period will give the Echo Arena dev team time to further improve our backend services, and players to test out and provide feedback on the Party system. Additionally, you’ll get more time in Echo Arena to prep for launch day and hone your skills for the VR Challenger series, which we’ll be sharing more info about before too much longer.

Thank you again for all the support you’ve given us! We can’t wait to dive back into the arena with you over the next week, and again at launch on July 20th.

- Ready At Dawn

27 REPLIES 27

ZENtiger
Protege
Thanks so much guys. I am really enjoying this game so much and even took a half day yesterday just so i could play one more time but thankfully you have extended it :smile:  I just need to figure why sometimes I cant hear anyone talk in game.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Domitjen said:

So it basically launched..except with a 3 days gap. 😛

Well, there are still some features to roll out and tweak over the extended beta, and we'll probably all get a rank reset for the official launch. But yeah, we'll all be playing pretty much continuously from here on.

It'll be nice to have an invite system working so we can hook up with friends more easily. I'm also interested to see what final tweaks are made to the game play.

I was playing with curving my throw last night (hold A after throwing to curve towards the bottom of your controller), but I hear that's going to be removed. I can't seem to master the two-handed launch (gain more speed by doing a two-handed fling from the catapult). It would be nice to have a practice launch tube so I could work on it without messing up my team if I screw it up.

Edit: I see both these features were removed with the latest patch.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Luciferous
Consultant
Excellent news PS (Apologies if you have been subjected to my 12 year old punching everybody in arms reach playing under my name) 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hands down one of the best games I've played in vr so far. (and I've played a lot of them). Probably the best multiplayer one.
You guys are awesome. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've decided to order a third sensor after playing this game. Stick-turning is too much of a disadvantage for fast play, and I need to try to shift my playspace to the other end of the room so I have a little more space to spin around and swing my arms without punching my stuff so often.

flyboone
Expert Protege
Nalex, great choice! 3 is a must and I'm using 4 now and it's so much better being able to turn your body with complete freedom, at least until the wires tangle up. Can we get a Rift V2 soon with wireless video and tracking please? : )
Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion

cybernettr
Superstar
It's a lot more fun when there are a lot of other players there, so I assume the busiest time will be Friday evening through Sunday?

drash
Heroic Explorer
The ONLY reason I'm not going to be able to play tonight is because my body is sore af from playing this last night. Love it!
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
having trouble joining. Is the game down atm?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You can really see the influx of new Rift users! Echo Arena tonight was full of Level 1 players who had just gotten their Rifts. I spent a good part of my play session just hanging out in the lobby and showing people the ropes, shooting the shit, goofing around, and generally having a good time. Fun!