cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the latest bundle still come with Oculus Remote and XBox Controller?

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
Hi All,

One of my mates said they put the Rift+Touch bundle in his cart a few days ago and it listed the contents with "Xbox controller and remote". However when they went through with the purchase just yesterday they were no longer listed.

Can someone from Oculus confirm if the XBox One controller and Remote are still included in the latest bundle that is on sale?

Thanks
CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port
120 REPLIES 120

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It should still include everything in the box. It's a standard kit that only comes in one configuration.
Related image

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

SnackyAU
Expert Protege
I think i read you are still meant to get it and if you don't contact support but it does also not show that it's included for me also so bit of confusion eh

Jonfl1
Protege
It was included when I bought it in Best Buy, not sure about when ordered direct though through Oculus.

StrgAttractor
Honored Guest
the problem here is that some of us bought it with controller in the description in the chart, then in the order it disappear and now i has been disappear also from the description in the chart. One person has been ask in the support and the answer has been that is not included...so that means that some of us have been cheated if the support answer finally is confirm.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I don't know where you heard that it doesn't include the xbox controller, but I'm pretty sure it's still the same kit that includes everything pictured above. I've been reading Reddit posts from people who have received theirs direct from Oculus (as well as from Amazon and Best Buy), and they did get the controller.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer

nalex66 said:

I don't know where you heard that it doesn't include the xbox controller, but I'm pretty sure it's still the same kit that includes everything pictured above. I've been reading Reddit posts from people who have received theirs direct from Oculus (as well as from Amazon and Best Buy), and they did get the controller.

You can see it on their website yourself. All images and descriptions are gone from their website store for the remote and xbox controller. They used to be there. The remote and controller were also listed in the contents on the store as you are checking out. They are no longer listed at checkout anymore. The remote is still listed in the accessories section though.

I was hoping someone from Oculus could give us an answer here just to clarify.

If they are doing this to assist in reducing the price that is cool. At launch there were so many people whinging about not wanting an Xbox controller to reduce the price so it really is what people want. That said if they have actually removed them from the bundle they probably should make a public statement about it rather than quietly just take any reference to them off the store.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble I just fear if they did this quietly to reduce price and increase sales it will likely come back to bite them when the anti Oculus brigade come out and start causing trouble. Which in turn causes the media to regurgitate their rants to a wider audience which in turn puts a tarnish on the trust in the Oculus brand. If they did remove it from the bundle to reduce price they should have said it publicly at the time of sale. It is super easy to spin "We are listenting and are reducing the cost of the bundle by removing items most people don't use." Microsoft did it with the kinect and got praise and adulation. Way too late to come out publicly now though after the apparent surge in buyers.

Fingers crossed they just removed them from their site for clarification purposes and it still is in the bundle.

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

Kratuln
Explorer
Blimey, the XBox controller has indeed been removed from the description.

Lol... Maybe they did it so people who bought the Rift + Touch controls last week or last month would have it pointed out to them and not feel as stiffed when they're only offered €200 off.

RexiKexi
Honored Guest
When did they changed that? I bought with x-box control and now my order hasn't the x-box control too.

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
Someone said they noticed it 2-3 days ago. They went to buy it one day but hesitated. The next day when they actually purchased it they noticed the difference.