Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Share Is Live!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Great news! Oculus Share is live!!!

https://share.oculus.com/

This is *the* place to download and share Oculus-enabled demos and games. No longer will you have to dig through the forums to find content. Download the best apps out there for the Rift on Oculus Share.

And to commemorate the launch, we have created a new forum category just for all things Share.

Have fun!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
61 REPLIES 61

cybereality
Grand Champion
@ssshake: Sharing is disabled for now. Will be back soon.

@tuxguy: I am not sure what you are asking. Can you be more specific?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

tuxguy
Honored Guest
I was just wondering if a quick link to the share website could be added to the developer center somewhere... or if there is one, could someone point it out to me?

drash
Heroic Explorer
"tuxguy" wrote:
I was just wondering if a quick link to the share website could be added to the developer center somewhere... or if there is one, could someone point it out to me?

It's just share.oculus.com. I think when it was first released there was a way to log in with your OVR developer credentials but then the site died and then Gamescom and etc. We'll see when it comes back up for us to submit our works.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Ganjaroach
Explorer
its not to hard going to rift enabled,the rift list, or searching the forums but this should help organize everything so people aren't having to post stuff all over to get their demos/games out there. So far it looks great and very well put together hopefully one day it will be something like steam or even on steam. 🙂

urwin
Honored Guest
Congrats Team Oculus, awesome.

drash
Heroic Explorer
So I see that there's a bright orange link up for submitting apps to Oculus now. I made a submission as soon as the site let me (yesterday), which in retrospect may have been too early as now I'm left wondering if it all went through OK. Adding screenshots was a bit touch and go at first. Other than that, the submission process is fantastic!

Couple of lingering questions though:

• I'm still not completely sure of the downsides to providing my own download link vs having Oculus host it. For example, I see iRacing has 0 downloads and I'm sure that is because there's no way for Share to know if someone downloaded and signed up for iRacing. But what if I provide my own direct download link (via Adrive or something), will it still increment the downloads counter on Share if someone grabs it that way?

• Can anyone from the Oculus team comment on the planned timeframe between submission and promotion to Share (or rejection), and whether there will be once-a-week dump of new apps (a la Apple App Store), or will they just sort of trickle in as they are approved, etc?

Alle
Honored Guest
Cool, will check it out

cybereality
Grand Champion
I would recommend having Oculus host the content. Unless you have a specific business reason for hosting externally (for example iRacing w/ their subscription model) then it would be better to have it hosted on Share w/ download number tracking, etc. It also avoids a negative user experience if the hosting site has ads, or the download link becomes broken, etc.

We say it could be a few weeks for submission approval. In reality, it could be less than a week but it really depends on the kind of volume we are talking about. Most likely apps will just trickle out as they get approved.

drash
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for the info Cyber, I'll be sure to switch to Oculus hosting once I'm able to. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
"cybereality" wrote:
I would recommend having Oculus host the content. Unless you have a specific business reason for hosting externally (for example iRacing w/ their subscription model) then it would be better to have it hosted on Share w/ download number tracking, etc. It also avoids a negative user experience if the hosting site has ads, or the download link becomes broken, etc.

We say it could be a few weeks for submission approval. In reality, it could be less than a week but it really depends on the kind of volume we are talking about. Most likely apps will just trickle out as they get approved.

Does this mean you have quality control and won't let everything be on Share?