cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus' Secret New Game Revealed: Marvel Powers United VR

CrashFu
Consultant
https://www.oculus.com/marvel-powers-united-vr/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=oa...

Holy @#$% you guys, I don't think they possibly could have made something more relevant to my interests.  :grin:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
59 REPLIES 59

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Huh. I don't know if this "the game I never even knew I wanted", but we'll see how it comes out.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Facebook, Oculus, Marvel, and Disney. That's a pretty damn awesome team.

Lots of articles popping up on the Interwebs about this:
https://uploadvr.com/oculus-marvel-powers-united-vr/

I love the Hulk so this is great news!

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Awwwwww well i don't like tea and this certainly isn't my cup, I'm out 😞
audf1lmavucx.jpg

A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

CrashFu
Consultant
I think this game will probably occupy the same sort of niche as like, Raw Data?  Not that I've actually played Raw Data yet  (*collective gasp from the community*)

I mean, you run around fighting mooks and you'll have all these character choices that will play wildly different from each other.

Very curious in whether MPU  will be more of a limited-area wave-survival type thing, or more objective-based with larger maps to trek across...  (at one point in the trailer it did look like someone playing as Rocket Raccoon was just running around with smooth locomotion)  one of the hallmarks of a great super-hero game is "travel powers", which could hypothetically be very thrilling in VR   (or perhaps they'll avoid that, for fear of it being "too intense" to jump and fly around at high speeds?)
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I never played Raw Data either. 'Cause I won't pay for a Robo Recall prequel.

Co-op gaming is great in VR. It was my favorite part of Dead & Buried (defeating all the boss battle campaigns). I've also read multiple good things about the "Rise of the Jumbotron" game in Rec Room, which is pure Co-op.

If this title is in fact that "secret reveal" from Oculus, then I'm sure once it is released and in our libraries that many of us will be having a grand 'ol time acting out Marvel characters in a multiplayer VR space.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUbC1aQpeY

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/528768#Comment_528768

Ok i guessed it one month before it is announced !! Where is my prize :wink:

Oculus wins !!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
hah! You did in fact guess it. Bravo @Nacaryus

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
"and Rift owners, especially the new ones"
Why especially the new ones? Why would existing Rifters feel less inclined than newcomers?

Because we've had so many wave shooters already now we're getting tired.
So maybe it's an update on an existing game or game idea that has been given a massive overhaul? (if done right).
Appears to be just that with Marvel characters.

One has to remember here though that the very nature of these comments is of a hype especially given the time  (during  the sale) and when specifically mentioning new rift owners.  A neat marketing strategy.
The person is under NDA to not talk about the game but then releases comments about said game (obviously with permission to do so). 
Beware of the hype machine as it comes in various forms.

That's all. 

QFT. (can i do that with my own quotes?).

This game looks grrrrreat and I love Marvel. Nice being able to play as Rocket and hope he packs some cool gadgets. BUTTTT. It's another frigging wave shooter (without zombies this time). Sorry, but the way the dude hyped this shit is phenomenal and has made me lose faith completely now in VR websites who I'll from here on out place in the same league as Youtubers who think a VR fart is "Amazing" , "Best thing I've ever smelt".

Edit: Raw Data is actually pretty cool game for those of you who have not played it. Especially when you get to the point where you can manually place defense turrets.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.