New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Horror

safc5582safc5582 Posts: 12
NerveGear
Hello what is the best horror game for the rift has i thought there would be a few with vr

Comments

• Techy111Techy111 Posts: 6,735 Volunteer Moderator
    Try Dreadhalls :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

• ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 540
    Neo
    Wilson's Heart. I just started playing this the other night and it is super creepy. It's like a Lovecraftian detective noir set in a suitably twisted gothic hospital/sanitarium. 
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    Yeah for true, sheer heart attack inducing horror try the aforementioned Dreadhalls. Good luck.

Edge of Darkness is good but still expensive and not a particularly long game.

There's also Monstrum which you can buy on Steam.
  • Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 4,018 Valuable Player
    I think some people would suggested Oculus Support is the best horror for the Rift.

DOOM BFG is cool.

Resident Evil 7 comes early 2018 btw. I would wager will be one of the best action cum horror experiences to date even if you are handed loads of guns and ammo.

System Specs: RTX 2080 ti , i9 9900K CPU, 16 GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • safc5582safc5582 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Wilson's Heart. I just started playing this the other night and it is super creepy. It's like a Lovecraftian detective noir set in a suitably twisted gothic hospital/sanitarium. 

• safc5582safc5582 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I think some people would suggested Oculus Support is the best horror for the Rift.

DOOM BFG is cool.

Resident Evil 7 comes early 2018 btw. I would wager will be one of the best action cum horror experiences to date even if you are handed loads of guns and ammo.

• HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,277
    3Jane
    edited July 2017
    "Affected - The Manor" is the most atmospheric VR horror experience I'm aware of, unfortunately it's not a game it's a walk-through experience that even non-gamers can enjoy.

I guess the right reason to buy it would be to share it for a short lived but worthwhile VR experience.

There's a lot more horror FPS games then atmospheric horror games really.
  • CrashFuCrashFu Posts: 1,756 Valuable Player
    You might also check out Albino Lullaby,  A Large Quantity of Mushrooms, and Euclidean at some point.

They don't feature a lot of outright scares but they've got some real creepy atmosphere, the sort that make you think something bad is always just about to happen. :smile:

P.S.  Anyone here check out 'Syren' yet?  I've been curious about that one.
    It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,858 Valuable Player
    don't knock twice  has a great fear element to it
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity
    For just pure tension, fear, dread it's Dreadhalls and monstrum for me. For all around polish and mystery, story and cinematics I Loved Wilson's heart and did an 11 video series that kicked off my Youtube Channel.  For a jump scare-o-rama door checking game the Boogeyman games are good. I've only tried Boogeyman 2 and it's scary but confined to only one room. 
  • ThugThug Posts: 435
    Trinity
    Wilsons Heart - not too scary and not really horror, but a few jumps and a good game (so far).
    Affected: the manor - more of an experience, but still great atmosphere
    Dead Secret - a port from the PSVR, but can be a little tense at times for a point and click game.

Alien - when fully released is VERY intense, but is first person and a little 'motion sickness' inducing.

You could also check out Arizona Sunshine. Not really scary or horror, but you blast zombies apart so you cant go wrong with that.

CPU: Intel i7-5820k @3.30GHz,
    Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX1080,
    RAM: 16GB DDR5,
    Viewed on: Oculus Rift or 28" BenQ monitor (x2),
    Hard Drive: 240GB OCZ SSD (games), 128GB Samsung SSD (OS), 64GB SSD (3d),
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 540
    Neo
    Thug said:
    Dead Secret - a port from the PSVR, but can be a little tense at times for a point and click game.
    It was a port  from Gear VR, which itself was a conversion of a tablet game.
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    Haven't played it but Paranormal Activity looks pretty damn scary from a few lets play videos I've watched on YouTube.