safc5582
Honored Guest
Hello was thinking of geting 

Elite Dangerous

Is 39.00 on the oculus store  ut on steam its 19.99 is this the same game 
13 REPLIES 13

EliteSPA
Superstar
Dont think about it, just do it! you will not regret.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

bigmike20vt
Visionary
is the one on oculus store the one with the horizons DLC built in and the one from steam the core game?

i would buy direct from Frontier, that way they get all the money. AFAIK - unless its changed - they will still give you a store key if you really want one 😉

AFAIK this is the oculus store equivalent on steam

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/105710/

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

safc5582
Honored Guest
Just looked its nust the core game that is 19.99
So its the dame price on both

EliteSPA
Superstar
The oculus version is the comander deluxe edition and works better on the rift.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

bigmike20vt
Visionary

EliteSPA said:

The oculus version is the comander deluxe edition and works better on the rift.

ALL versions work exactly the same on the rift......
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer

i would buy direct from Frontier, that way they get all the money. AFAIK - unless its changed - they will still give you a store key if you really want one 😉

This!
There is really no benefit at all buying this game anywhere else than directly from the Frontier website. If you buy from Frontier your money goes to them (and hopefully into further development of the game). If you buy from Steam a significant share will go to Steam. Don't know about Oculus Home but I guess it'll be similar.

If you buy from Frontier and ask them for a Steam key Frontier will still have to pay the share to Steam for no benefit at all. In the early days of Elite Dangerous some Devs made a post on the forum asking the players to only ask for Steam keys if they really, really need them because they have to pay Steam for every key.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
i m not 100% on this, but i have a feeling if you buy the game THEN ask for a key, valve get no money from all monies pait till that point BUT because from that point on your account is then associated with them, any further sales valve take a cut.

that said i am not 100% sure on this... because surely if this is the case and if you take the oculus key AND the steam key, are they really saying that from that point on 30% of priofits go to valve, 30% go to oculus and only 40% to frontier?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I purchased this game along time ago and still haven't had time to read the instructions. I only have the base game as well, so how would I get horizons added to this?

idimmu
Expert Protege

lovethis said:

I purchased this game along time ago and still haven't had time to read the instructions. I only have the base game as well, so how would I get horizons added to this?

Where ever you baught the core game, get the expansion pass there and it will be added to your account, re-download the game (sucks i know) and you will be good to go