cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken screen on my oculus (CV1)

luxxor
Honored Guest
Hi!

A friend of mine fell while using my oculus rift and now the right screen doesn't work anymore...

I have raised this question as a support-ticket but with no luck, they did their best but they do not offer spare-parts and can't really do anything in this situation.

If I just could get my hands on another broken oculus (with one working screen) I could fix it, if Oculus would offer to sell spare-parts i could fix it... 

Any tips or ideas on where to go forward with this? or just put it away in the box and wait for better times?

(sidenote: I got a new oculus thanks to my private insurance, so right now I'd like to repair this one have a working headset to lend out to friends)

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Don't you have an home owners insurance that covers this?

luxxor
Honored Guest

Yes, as i wrote in the bottom, I have gotten a new oculus but I still have my broken one.
I would like to get it working again :smile:

Correction: the "Broken" headset works perfect except that one of the screens is black. So if there are any one-eyed people here looking for VR send me a message!

Jenkers1992
Honored Guest

luxxor said:

Hi!

A friend of mine fell while using my oculus rift and now the right screen doesn't work anymore...

I have raised this question as a support-ticket but with no luck, they did their best but they do not offer spare-parts and can't really do anything in this situation.

If I just could get my hands on another broken oculus (with one working screen) I could fix it, if Oculus would offer to sell spare-parts i could fix it... 

Any tips or ideas on where to go forward with this? or just put it away in the box and wait for better times?

(sidenote: I got a new oculus thanks to my private insurance, so right now I'd like to repair this one have a working headset to lend out to friends)

Thanks!

I don't think you can get spare parts for the oculus like smartphones. You can check out ifixit video on the oculus tear down which may help you if you want to take the oculus apart.

michaeldlee
Explorer
There are no parts available per oculus themselves 

falken76
Expert Consultant
Maybe buy a used Rift on Ebay.  You probably won't find them being sold for parts anywhere else.

Meat_Man
Expert Protege
"A friend of mine fell while using my oculus rift"...my worst nightmare

Dragon_flys
Honored Guest
My nephew dropped my headset and it broke the left screen.  Any chance you would be interested in selling your broken headset? is the left oled screen still good?

Anonymous
Not applicable

luxxor said:

Yes, as i wrote in the bottom, I have gotten a new oculus but I still have my broken one.
I would like to get it working again :smile:

Correction: the "Broken" headset works perfect except that one of the screens is black. So if there are any one-eyed people here looking for VR send me a message!

have it yet? i need one screen..

Ari613
Explorer
Look on ebay under thr Seller name cpap_cleaner_express ...they sale all the parts and ship WORLDWIDE