cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo Crash on launch

Firelance
Explorer
Can't get Lone Echo to start up, I get a black screen then a Bugsplat error reporting app popping up asking me to report it, which I do and send logs, has anyone else had this problem?, any quick ideas on what I can to to get the dam thing to run?.
47 REPLIES 47

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you post your LogGatherer log file so I can take a look?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Firelance
Explorer
Here it is, thanks 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
There are a ton of errors there, mostly unrelated to Lone Echo. I would first check to make sure that Rift and all monitors, displays, TVs, etc. are all connected to the primary dedicated GPU and not on the motherboard and not on any secondary video cards. Then please install this Nvidia driver (which is slightly older than I the one you have).
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/119914/en-us

Also try temporarily disabling anti-virus, firewall, security programs. Also disable any GPU overlay programs like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, F.lux, etc. Disable any screen sharing or remote desktop apps like TeamViewer, etc. Be sure not to be using any USB video devices. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Firelance
Explorer
Yes of course it's not connected to the motherboard, it's connected to my first HDMI socket on my card and my monitor is on Displayport socket (only using 1 GPU), I get the occassional USB disconnect, even though I've turned the power management off, using Fresco logic card, but only with default Microsoft drivers, I don't use any overlay programs, no antivirus other than windows defender on, no firewall popups for Lone Echo, is there anything specific to my system that's causing problems that you can see?.

Firelance
Explorer
Older drivers have had no effect, now I'm getting this.cjvdcge644ap.jpg

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure. I've seen this error before but I never found the exact solution. You may want to try uninstalling the game and reinstalling. Also, download the Oculus setup and install in Repair mode.

Firelance
Explorer
Tried game re-install, no change, same with oculus re-install 😕 no issues with any other software, only Lone Echo.  Any other suggestions?, I may be forced to refund the game which I really don't want to do.

CHE
Explorer
Same here

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later. (OVR75318303)

If this issue continues, please visit Oculus Support to get help.

Firelance
Explorer
Interesting development, I can run the game from it's launcher in "ready-at-dawn-lone-echo/bin/win7/loneEcho" and it works, just cannot under any circumstances launch from Oculus library without the above error.