cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Cable Clip For Head Strap

haneybd87
Protege
So the clip that holds the cord to the back of the headstrap came off during play and I can't for the life of me find it. Is there a way to get a replacement clip?
| Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming | Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Motherboard | 32gb Ripjaws V 2800mhz RAM | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD |

12 REPLIES 12

haneybd87
Protege
So I'll post the response I got from Oculus in case it will help anyone else:

"Hey Brad,

Thanks so much for your patience.

Currently the cable clip is not available.

If you aren't able to find it, I would periodically check the accessories page to see if it gets added. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if there's anything else I could assist you with, I'm happy to help in anyway I can.

Respectfully,

Ash
Oculus Support"

How could they not sell replacements for such a vital yet easily lost part of the headset? They must have bins with thousands of these things in a warehouse somewhere. So I'm supposed to buy a whole new headset in order to get a clip? 

| Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming | Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Motherboard | 32gb Ripjaws V 2800mhz RAM | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD |

elboffor
Consultant
Black electrical tape it is for you then sir
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Fredd32
Adventurer
Use a zip tie. 

haneybd87
Protege
Neither is ideal since the cord could easily slip down and below the strap instead of staying at the side of it like the clip would do. I'll have to jerry rig it, but it's so irritating that they can't sell me a replacement. 

elboffor
Consultant
If your worried about movement then use duct tape.
If you cant fix it with duct tape, you havent used enough duct tape

haneybd87
Protege

elboffor said:

If your worried about movement then use duct tape.
If you cant fix it with duct tape, you havent used enough duct tape

I'd still like the strap to fit comfortably.  😄

elboffor
Consultant
You could always make the rift a permanent fixture.
You could be a real life virtualboy (assuming you are a bloke)
In which case my third and final recommendation would be to use gorilla glue for the hmd and staple the cable to the back of your skull

haneybd87
Protege
Seems like Oculus selling me a clip would be a whole lot easier.  😛

elboffor
Consultant
A whole lot less likely too unfortuntely