cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We were kings of the hill...

elboffor
Consultant
Oculus have sold a shit ton o units and the forum is alive with new blood and shit loads o posts. 

Long gone are the days where i coukd read every post and look forward to the debating, arguing, 10 page threadnaughts and memes of days passed.

It makes me a saaaad panda

Does any of the other regulars feel the same or is it just me?

Its even got to the point where this isnt my most visited site anymore

https://youtu.be/fxfTL8etjAY

This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.
65 REPLIES 65

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I'll have to get my thinking cap on and come up with a topic that will ignite an argument. How about something on the lines of a Vive is better then Oculus thread? We all know it isn't and it's double the price. There you go any Vive tackers? :smiley:

CrashFu
Consultant

Atmos73 said:

I guess the next big debates will come when OC4 ends. What will Oculus have knew to offer for PCVR.

Honestly I expect them to just reveal a few new upcoming AAA titles, more teasers for stuff we already know is coming, and probably talk about those $200 stand-alone headsets they're working on.

Although, ideally, they'll unveil the social features us in the PC crowd have been patiently waiting for for so long. :tongue:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Yeah, I don't really expect any word on a Gen 2 or anything at this point. Hardware hasn't really advanced all that much since CV1 was released. At best, Gen2  will maybe have slightly better tracking, different sensor setup? perhaps an upgraded conroller and maybe, if we are lucky an upgraded display. but the question for that is.. at what price range.

Gen 2, in theory should be.. perhaps..slightly more mainstream, thus slightly more affordable.(like the current sale)

GenetixStudio
Superstar
It's definitely a bit harder to follow these days as it things have been busy (Of course I also just had my daughter born so there is that also), I'm glad to see the growth though. I imagine when CV2 is announce we will all be back like hawks with plenty to discuss.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

It's definitely a bit harder to follow these days as it things have been busy (Of course I also just had my daughter born so there is that also), I'm glad to see the growth though. I imagine when CV2 is announce we will all be back like hawks with plenty to discuss.

Hey, congrats!! 🙂

My first-born (daughter) is due at the end of September!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kojack
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

Yeah, the forum is kind of awash in shipping posts, and angst over delays and complaints about lack of communication... takes me back to the original release period!

Yep, every time something releases (DK1, DK2, CV1, Touch) we get flooded in posts about:
- when will it ship?
- why hasn't it shipped?
- why won't you ship to (country)?
- why did you cancel my order?
- will it run on (low end pc or laptop)?

All in separate threads of course. 🙂

Which is understandable (except for the separate thread bit).

One positive thing, so far I haven't had to explain GST for australians to anybody this time. Maybe I'm just lucky and I've missed all the "but it costs below the $1000au threshhold, why am I paying GST?" in the current sale frenzy.

But wow, the effect of the price drop is visible as hell, so many new people jumping on! Just imagine how long the shipping queues would have been if the CV1 started at this price!

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

kojack said:
All in separate threads of course. 🙂

😄 ❤️

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I've got 3 daughter's If anyone wants a spare ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

elboffor
Consultant

Techy111 said:

I've got 3 daughter's If anyone wants a spare ?

Same 😕
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

cleanupdisc
Adventurer
Do you guys think the wireless VR for 200 bucks next year is gen 2? Like if its a higher resolution headset that can connect wirelessly to our pcs and it offers a better fov? 

Or is Oculus working on a super power real gen 2, that may not arrive until 2019ish?

BTW: Im loving my rift over the past 10 days but i really really dislike that eve valkyre game haha. I just need to readjust my headset as it is a bit too tight on me.