cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lone Echo Discussion

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Today is the day right? I'm really excited. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UZ6fqlZavo

When will the download start? I don't know why these downloads don't start at midnight of the release day.
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
74 REPLIES 74

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I can't wait to get home and play this! Stupid work!!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

madamluck
Heroic Explorer
I have to wait on getting this game but from the looks of it the wait will be worth it... the graphics look amazing! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

YoLolo69 said:

As you can play seated like explained on the review and the official web page I guess you can proceed with less space (I have something around 2m x 2m).

It's good.

I think to play it perfectly you need the 3 x 3m.  You are turning around to reach things. I kept hitting my wall and I am around 2 x 2.

Why the devs chose to restrict your rotation is beyond me, unless I have missed the setting, you can't use the wall to rotate. Everything feels so natural apart from the fact you can only face forward, unless you use the thumb stick to turn.

But

The game is super polished 🙂

ıi guess a 360 turning chair will be perfect choice 🙂 happy now

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I was able to get an hour free after work. I only played a little bit of it. So, far I love it. I'm so immersed. I just want to live in space. 

It's spectacular--especially if you're a sci-fi fan. It's like you're in a sci-fi movie. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

haneybd87
Protege

Applecorp said:

I think it's highly unlikely 3x3 meters is even remotely necessary when the Rift has never been sold as a room scale system. Very few people have that kind of space. 

I have a 7' x 4.25' area and 3 sensors and it works great. Although my arm reach area is probably more like 7' x 7' since the thing limiting my ground area is a table. 

On another note, this game needs to save more often. I'm trying to get my VR legs and playing through a 15 minute section without saving is a problem. When I need to take the headset off, I need to take it off right then. Also is there any indicator of when it's saving? That seems like an important feature many VR games are missing. 
| Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming | Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Motherboard | 32gb Ripjaws V 2800mhz RAM | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD |

CrashFu
Consultant
Yeah I didn't see any indication of WHEN it was saving.  AFter playing for a few hours, I exited out and then re-launched the game just to check.  Saved right at the start of the last mission-related dialogue I had heard...  also had some weird visual glitches on loading that hadn't been there at any time before.  Like skewed UI elements / text boxes bordering my vision, and the ASW or ATW or whatever having a hard time keeping up as I moved my head.  Strange.

Game has been awesome so far, though; Love just scanning and playing with everything I run into. Olivia had some interesting toys in her room. :grin:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

haneybd87
Protege
I do have to say, having my play area beneath a ceiling fan is a big problem in this game. So many opportunities to grab things above you. Especially in Echo Arena when you're not thinking about your RL surroundings as much. 
| Gigabyte 980ti G1 Gaming | Intel i7 6700k | Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 Motherboard | 32gb Ripjaws V 2800mhz RAM | 512GB Samsung 950 Pro NVME SSD | 2x 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD |

cleanupdisc
Adventurer

haneybd87 said:

I do have to say, having my play area beneath a ceiling fan is a big problem in this game. So many opportunities to grab things above you. Especially in Echo Arena when you're not thinking about your RL surroundings as much. 

Sometimes in echo arena i jump up and thats not always a great idea for me haha.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
My controllers look they've been through a war after playing Echo Arena. Through the betas, I think on average I smashed a controller into my ceiling fan twice an evening. I tell myself not to reach straight up, but when that disc comes past, I'm like a cat chasing a laser pointer!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Jonfl1
Protege
Played through about 40 minutes of Lone Echo last night, and aside from what others have already mentioned about the movement and space limitations, it's one of the most gorgeous and polished experiences I've personally had in the Rift yet. Everything Oculus Studios is putting out so far (Lucky's Tale, Robo Recall, etc) is solid gold as far as I'm concerned, and Lone Echo is no exception. If you're reading this and still on the fence about buying it, <ShiaLaBeouf>just DO IT!</ShiaLaBeouf> Seriously, such an amazing experience so far!